Playstation 2 Version Chart

ps2king

To check what version you have look at the sticker at the back of your ps2.

Plz check the document.

-All SCPH-39001 are v7,
-All SCPH-35001 are v4's.
-All SCPH-50001 are the new v9's depending on what the mainboard is v9's and v10's are identical. v10's have a GH-025 mainboard. Also if the packaging is cardboard rather than Stryafoam then's it's also probably a v10. but the most accurate way is by checking the mainboard.
Updates will be made when needed

version list updated >>>>VIPER_1069<<<<

Last edited:

ps2king

Thanks viper, I finally got it. Phew!!!

Guys plz use this chart, it was made for you! :)

Tell me what you think, if any questions then don't be shy to ask. Soon I'll be making a modchip compatiblity chart but now im tired and need to sleep!!

ps2king

hornet203 said:
Ive got a 50003, is this the new version 10? :confused:
Yours is a v9 as far as looking outside the box. It could be a v10 but the only way to really check is too open up the ps2 and look at the mainboard. it's most likely to be a version 9 though.

ps2king

-All SCPH-50001 are the new v9's depending on what the mainboard is v9's and v10's are identical. v10's have a GH-025 mainboard. Also if the packaging is cardboard rather than Stryafoam then's it's also probably a v10. but the most accurate way is by checking the mainboard.

kerriened

Confusion

This is my info:

SCPH-30001R

Serial# U2******
Date Code: 1D

So is it a version 5? Because none this quite matches up with what is on the chart. Any help is appreciated.

i would assume so kerriened as the chart misses the U2 out maby an oversite by ps2king ! U3 is there as a Version 5 so i would say its version 5 :)

Gage

i've got a version 10, is this the best or worse to have, cause with the ps1 i know its a bad thing to have the newest version

ps2king

It is the hardest to mod. ppl that install chips in version 10's usually charge more than what the do for v3-v7's. But u can still get it done. Also make sure u only use Ritek G04 media when playing backups or else ur laser will be gone within a week.