pioneer DVR-a06u problems, PLEASE help!

actionlog

i have an exTREMELY annoying problem where everytime i put any kind of CD into my drive, NO programs will open up. i double click and double click on the programs and nothing. only until i re-open the drive will the programs then open up. this is killing me somebody help me please :( :confused:

thanks!
ryan

Do You know you might have Auto play CDs Turned Off....
I hate when CDs load automaticly

Here you go try this:

Turns off the Autoplay feature

you can also disable Autoplay on all drives.

START > RUN > GPEDIT.MSC > USER CONFIGURATION > ADMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES > SYSTEM > FIND TURN OFF AUTOPLAY > RIGHT CLICK PROPERTIES > CLICK ENABLE > SELECT ALL OR CD ROM DRIVES > OK >REBOOT

I know thats the turn off method you see I know this by heart Because I hate auto loading CDs So I turn that off, You go to it and turn them on...

Hope It Helps

actionlog

hey mojo thanks for the reply :)

unfortunately it didnt work.. i installed the firmware too and i still have the same problem

I did get the same problem...

Ok let me say what I think the problem is...
You put your cd in to drive and then double click on the cd drive, loads up but dont show the items/files, or is it when you double click on the files they dont launch...

actionlog

mojo8850 said:
I did get the same problem...

Ok let me say what I think the problem is...
You put your cd in to drive and then double click on the cd drive, loads up but dont show the items/files, or is it when you double click on the files they dont launch...
i put my CD into drive and when i double click on a CD related program (IE cd burning, cd playing, dvd playing, cd ripping programs) they will not open, but when i open my cd drive then they all of a sudden open (from when i was trying to open them before with the cd in drive). in other words they dont open until i eject the CD

Have you upgraded your ASPI Drivers... I dont know whats the latest... If I do find it ill put it on here...

Regards

actionlog said:
... when i double click on a CD related program ... they dont open until i eject the CD
sounds like a lower/upper filter problem as a result of conflicting burning engines/programs;
you can try this tool (even if you never installed Nero) to correct the filter entries: http://www.nero.com/en/631938356417810.html
but as a result some of your collected burning engines might won't work after that;

mojo8850 said:
Have you upgraded your ASPI Drivers... I dont know whats the latest...
don't upgade to 4.7x headaches;
v4.60 build 1021 installed by using ForceASPI 1.7 is still the most reliable;
go there and follow the related commands: http://www.dvdrbase.com//showthread.php?t=32137

Greetings from
Duracell

actionlog

Duracell said:
sounds like a lower/upper filter problem as a result of conflicting burning engines/programs;
you can try this tool (even if you never installed Nero) to correct the filter entries: http://www.nero.com/en/631938356417810.html
but as a result some of your collected burning engines might won't work after that;
some burning engines wont work? that sounds a little scary, could you explain a little more? because i would like to try it but i also don't want to end up in worse shape than i'm already in

Duracell said:
don't upgade to 4.7x headaches;
v4.60 build 1021 installed by using ForceASPI 1.7 is still the most reliable;
go there and follow the related commands: http://www.dvdrbase.com//showthread.php?t=32137
k, did that. it didnt fix anythig unfortunately

i decided to move this thread as it isn't really a dvd burning problem. i'm still not sure i understand what the problem is. are u saying that when u first insert a cd into the drive, programs that u try to open manually won't do so until u open and close the drive a second time, at which time they open automatically? and which programs are u trying to use?

actionlog

AZImmortal said:
are u saying that when u first insert a cd into the drive, programs that u try to open manually won't do so until u open and close the drive a second time, at which time they open automatically? and which programs are u trying to use?
yes!! that's exACTLY whats happening, i'm glad you understood me :D

the programs i'm trying to run are RecordNow! Deluxe (DVD and CD burning program) and PowerDVD (dvd player)

actionlog said:
some burning engines wont work? that sounds a little scary, could you explain a little more?
it might be that after applying the tools either:
- all your burning capable applications are working right furthermore;
- one of your burning capable applications does not working anymore;
- some of your burning capable applications do not work anymore;

burning engines/drivers often compete and mess up each other; so it's always recommended to limit their quantity to a minimum;

and like scarecrow wrote, packet writers are the worst example for that;

actionlog

scarecrow said:
Either Imapi or a packet writer are locking your drive- disable them.
could you tell me how to do that please?

PS thank you everyone who is replying and trying to help me :)