Pioneer 108 Firmware 16 4all HERE

I'll grab it from NIL: 's site shortly and install. I would never try burning anything at 16x on the 108 anyway as 12x is faster by a few seconds and will give better playback. I thought he was going to limit it to 12x anyway.

By the way, there is also the 1.14 f/w modded by Gradius with RCP-1 and unlocked ripping speed only. For those not intending to burn at higher than disk rated speed (like me :D) then this may be all you need. Get it from his home site at http://gradius.rpc1.org/

i couldnt wait and gave it a run, ripping speeds from 4-5 up to 9.5
Ive just burned 8X on databank 4X dvd-r disks
im very happy

i have a bit of a problem , when reading or writing with the 108 the device buffer is going crazy and im only getting 7X read and 6X write from a 108 with the nil firmware , using the 4X media, on a amd2400 athlon
the device buffer will totally go to 0 then quickly go to 100% then back to 0
anyone got ideas whats wrong here, HD are on ide 1 and writer on ide 2, drives have been defragged
thanks

I had the same problem with the beta that was put out first. I couldn't figure it out so I just went back to the 1.14 firmware. Going to try the new 16x 4all firmware now. Thanx guys for the links.

Scooterpig

I have updated to this latest firmware and am able to get a read speed around the 9x to 13x which is great, but am unable to get any better than a 4x write speed though..:(

EDIT: done some more playing and wala, have the 16x write speed option up now..:)

Last edited:
onlinejames said:
i have a bit of a problem , when reading or writing with the 108 the device buffer is going crazy and im only getting 7X read and 6X write from a 108 with the nil firmware , using the 4X media, on a amd2400 athlon
the device buffer will totally go to 0 then quickly go to 100% then back to 0
anyone got ideas whats wrong here, HD are on ide 1 and writer on ide 2, drives have been defragged
thanks
Check that DMA is turned on for both the HD and the Burner.

Laz

Also make sure you are using an 80 wire ATA66 cable for this device, no worky properly on a 40 as this is an ATA66 device.

Burnt 1X G03 @ 6X with latest NiL's firmware earlier, no probs on playback at all.

Tried Datawrite Prodisc S03 4X @ 12X and playback is dire, sticking on chapter points etc, etc, etc. Then tried these @ 6X and perfect playback, picture etc so will leave at that.

Datawrite Fuji 8X work fine @ 16X as do Mirror branded Taiyo Yuden 8X @ 16X too! :D:D:D

Burned RITEKG04 4x at 16x with no errors but, works best at 8x and 12x without the buffer jumping all over the place. And Ridata 8x at 16x no prob either.

I also doubt that the Pioneer is faster than the BenQ @12x on 8x MCC DVD+R if you compare the actual write time. Other tests have shown the BenQ to be a good 30 seconds faster than the Pioneer at 12x thanks to PCAV write tech.