Pioneer 105 Power Calibration Error

Hi All.

I purchased a Pioneer 105 from SVP a short while ago, but now it seems that the drive has become faulty, it seems to write DVD disks ok, but when I try to write a CDR I keep getting a “Power Calibration Error” message, I have tried 4 different kinds of CDR media at all different writing speeds but still keep getting the error, has anyone had anything similar with their Pioneer 105 and does anyone know what this Power Calibration Error is.

T.I.A

That error from nero...or any other software...indicates poor media...check your filmare and see what media it recommends....Have your tried Imatation Media...I find it to be one of the best.....from the reports i see....I guess I made a wize choice on buying the Plextor PX-504A

Having this message lately from my Liteon LTR-24102b (one time every 4 burning efforts or so).
It means not able to initialize the media properly- the reason is some times the media, but at most cases it means the device laser is not operating properly.
In my case the reason is obvious: the drive has burned 6000+ FLAWLESSLY and now wants to go to paradise. In your case it most probably means that you need a firmware upgrade, but since it's new you can certainly try to replace it.

same prob

im having the same prob, its not the media. my pioneer will burn dvdr fine and will burn cdrs at 8x speed or less. if you ask it to burn higher it has a power calibration problem.
thx bod6