Pioneer 105 £145.99

Prices will drop even further just before the A06 is due out to shift current stocks. I bought one last weekend here in Australia for $460 which is about the same price as above.

You can pick them up at swap meets for as little as $425 which is around £170.

$460 = £184.

But hey, at least we get cheaper fuel, food, HSV's, etc.

Laz

celtic_druid said:
But hey, at least we get cheaper fuel, food, HSV's, etc.
Yeah all right, don't rub it in m8! lol :D

I look out on green fields, blue sky and sunshine on this fine spring morning and then flinch at the prospect of filling my car up with fuel this morning at the cost of £50, about the same amount as I will later spend in the local supermarket to feed a family of three for the next week. Ahh, life in Rip-Off Britain. :p

But yes, PC parts are much cheaper here than almost anywhere even including the USA most of the time.

Ahh with the falling USD that works out to only around $420AUD.

@Laz, if your car is desiel then maybe you should start running it on fish and chip oil? Works out to around 22p/L including tax.

celtic_druid said:
Ahh with the falling USD that works out to only around $420AUD.

@Laz, if your car is desiel then maybe you should start running it on fish and chip oil? Works out to around 22p/L including tax.
:D :D celtic_druid you sure have some punch lines....:)

Be careful Many 105's on sale in UK are illegal imports & pioneer UK (allegedly) have said

a) They know the serials

b) They will not honour the warranty(because they are not legal for UK)

I have no confirmation of the above but it comes from 2 reliable retail sources.

re: help to the needy !!!! LoL

anyone interested in import and export of any and all makes of burners from the u.s just drop a line to me..we could work something out...........if this would help your costs go down........i go to cumputer shows on a regular bases here,once a month. dax :cool:

Hey guys,
I found this site with some good prices on the Pioneer.
105 for $198.00 USD. They ship international, so that will work for all of you.

h**p://www.shop4tech.com

See Ya,
PeterDragon
:D

h**p://www.shop4tech.com

£127 for the drive £43 for the shipping, still cheaper to buy from SVP, and if its true what Chickenman says about the price coming down even more when the 106 comes out, there will be no point buying a CD writer, you may as well just go for the DVD writer.

Believe it or not, here it´s been at least 3 months since the 105 in OEM version has been offered for $600 pesos wich is about $58 us.
The down side of this is that warranties in here sometimes take as long as 3 months.

bleh remember the prices of plain burners about 5 or so years back POACHER lol i paid almost £280 for a 12x read 4 x write PLEXTOR SCSI lol damn prices have changed so much (saying that tho PLEXTOR still aint cheap but they are very reliable for usage!) :)