pc4400 DDR 550 MHz

Which motherboard supports this kind of memory? I haven't seen a review of this memory yet. Does anybody have any info on this? I'm under the impresson that this memory has to be overclocked to reach its rated speed.
Thanks!!

Not so much that the memory has to be overclocked, but it tends only to be useful in overclocking (eg. an Intel with 800 FSB - quad pumped DDR400 ).

For AMD processors, you rarely hit that kind of level - that would be 275 FSB the way most AMD boards quote it, and I don't know many AMD combinations being pressed much above 240. It would be good in an overclocking situation with a P4 though.

The downsides to very high clock rate DDR, are generally high price and poor cycle timings - going above PC3700 on an AMD tends to be counterproductive unless you are sure you can hit a really high FSB overclock, so the FSB speed makes up for the poor memory timings.

Thanks for your quick reply. This still leaves the question open of the motherboard(s) which support this type of memory though.

Asus P4C800-deluxe sure does, MSI and ABIT both have models that support it but I´m not sure about the models. Altough you wont find out any spec that describes the Mother supporting that kind of ram is more a question of looking out at sites for overcloking results in benchmarks with the mothers in question, I´m sure about the Asus because I own one.