pc booster

hey everyone
Just wanted to get some feedback on a app. called PC BOOSTER.

I've found that it greatly Decreased my startup time and all-around sucks. It seems to slow down everything. In fact, as I was starting this thread the first time, my pc closed IE and went back to my desktop.
So has anyone else tried this app?

I go it 2, but only used the optimiser once cause U gotta be carefull when using it.It's a bit like tweakUI, but on steriods.I never noticed much difference on mine other than longer bootup time.My advice would be if causin so much probs, then use mcsonfig\startup tab 2 stop it loading.Each time U run it, it will run at startup, or just uninstall it

I dont use it know & was gonna uninstall anyway
But if i remember right it backs up Ur settings berfore doin anything, so try 2 restore the original settings & see if that helps

Hope the info helps

BaNzI:)

Stuff like that are EVIL... Ram-boosters and tweaker and all evil but with applied conditions... run with Orig. settings and good advice banzi... type 'msconfig' in Start button --> Run... and config from there... don't play around too much... just disable or enable want you see firmiliar... :D

Cheers NewGen.I always thought that prog caused more probs than it solved.But like NewGen says, be carefull with msconfig.It very usefull tool, but use it wrong & it will screw things up.Just uncheck Pc Booster in the startup tab & apply & then reboot.Hopefully prob solved, but does PcBooster let U restore original settings.They are in a folder called Backup in progs install directory.Always said the best tweaks are the ones U do manually as U know what U change , progs like this change many options.As far as i could see ther no option in PcBooster 2 stop it loadin at startup

Hope It helps

Ps Tip 4 U.Dont disable loadpowerprofile as that is Ur power managements settings even thought it might be listed twice.

Last edited:
pc-booster

yea guys could'nt agree more MSCONFIG is the way to go.

As far as pc booster go's "screw it" but I do like TweekUI and have never had a prob. with it.

but yes if you know what your do'in I would recommend MSCONFIG.:cool:

and oh yea I already uninstalled PCBOOSTER then had to restore back to a date before PCB was installed.
good thing XP makes restoring easy:)

Glad 2 have benn some help Bud.I just use tweakUI 2 now, but i can't get rid of the shortcutoverlays with it.Mind U this is after gettin all the windows uodates.BTW U can restore the original settings that pcbooster saves when it first runs by choosin restore in 1 of its menus

But if that it fixed, nice result:)

Nice info there VIPER_1068:)
I still use the old fashioned way by doing it manually, but i dont recommend that 2 any1 else.The 1 U mention though sounds a goodie though.Is the web based side of it updated regular

Cheers

BaMzI:)

i would have to check the site daily to tell bud !? but im bolted to this one as often as possible so hard to get there lol :)

i would assume its updated as more software comes out daily :)

@banzi
Yes it is the web ref file is brilliant >> the best part is it tells U what the proggies do & whether U need em running.

shortcut overlay

@banzibaby: huh, tweeki gets rid of overlay for me.
But at any rate it's located at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInkfile ;delete the ISShortcurt registry value then restart.

Cheers 4 all the info folks.Hope this helps the priginal poster 2:)
Will check startman out 2nite.Somehow the quicktimetask-atbootime one always getss put back, but think dat down 2 quicktime even though i disable that part???Lifes never easy nowadays.I still think back 2 me old spectrum & commadore 64 & amstrad 464....Those were the days:):)

Thanx again buds