Password an EXE file?

I wasn't sure where to post this but is is a in some kind of windows category. Im trying to password certain programs from others using my computer. Something to the effect of click--->asked for password--->exe file runs. Freesoftware would be good because thats all i can afford. Any help would be appreciated.

-Viper

Simply make for them a limited user account, able to run only certain programs, and access only certain folders... after all, if using XP (you do use XP, don't you?) and you don't use multiple user profiles, then WHY didn't you stick to the older Win98 hell?

well i did want to go into great detail about this whole thing. lol But my girlfreind has a younger brother. And I was trying to get her parents' goods graces. Her brother was always loud and annoing. So i made him a deal that if he calmed down and relaxed i would make a copy of a game for him and give it to him. But i he gos back to being loud then I need to have some leway with a passworded exe file. Is there any software that will do this?

Viper_182 said:
... But i he gos back to being loud then I need to have some leway with a passworded exe file. Is there any software that will do this?
never heard about such software;

as scarecrow said, give him his own limmited user account; if he won't be decent, then interdict his access to the game folder by using Windows' native NTFS permissions;
no permissions to the game folder means, he cannot start the game; have a look into Windows' help file;

Greetings from
Duracell

Viper_182 said:
well i did want to go into great detail about this whole thing. lol But my girlfreind has a younger brother. And I was trying to get her parents' goods graces. Her brother was always loud and annoing. So i made him a deal that if he calmed down and relaxed i would make a copy of a game for him and give it to him. But i he gos back to being loud then I need to have some leway with a passworded exe file. Is there any software that will do this?

just kick his butt lol :p :D

just use a password protected user login that only limited/trusted users know excluding said kid ....and make the computer remote access so you can distance monitor and shut down/reboot if needed :)

other than that a large stick with nails in does the trick mate lol :D

im sure theres ways of password protecting files ... maby consider some of the application software out there that can provide TIME/TRIAL usage of software and then add your exe to the package :)