PAL to NTSC

Does anyone know of a way (maybe with IC7 or DVD2ONE) to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC, menus and all?

I know how to use TMPGENC or Canopus to convert the main movie to NTSC, but I would like to convert the whole DVD. Prefereably using one prog, but I'm willing to work a bit to do it as well.

Well,i transferred one with dvd2svcd--encoder was cc2.5- but it was avi-divx,i transfered to mpg,and bvurned with nero5.5---it did work after few unsuccesfully tries,had video always not sound,last attempt worked!!

Does DVD2SVCD allow for MP2 to MP2 conversion? I want the final destination to be a DVD.

Also, these will not copy menu structure and all. That's why I'm trying to figure out how to use something like InstantCopy. I can use Canopus or TMPGEnc to just do the video resample.

It seems like there should be a way to use InstantCopy to do this since it re-encodes the whole disc anyway!

This should be a challenge to authors of backup SW...

See this thread:
http://www.cdrbase.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27434

I asked the same question and pretty much got an answer that this is not possible. I think this should be a challenge to the creators of these programs: IC7, DVD2One, DVD95Copy... all of them - I think many would want this feature - to be able to put a PAL DVD in and out put the same one with NTSC.

Thanks for the reply botchka, even though it is depressing. You'd think someone would be smart enough to see the market for this feature.

BTW, what is this mod chip you reference in the other thread?

dvd2svcd can output dvd format. just choose that option.
U will have to author the resulting files to make a dvd.

@ aybesea the MOD CHIP is a chip that goes into your DVD player and makes it region free. I think it also makes it multi-system. I am trying to get one for myself now with my Panasonic.

@ daveml , going by Woody's approach - I want to find a very easy to use, little options , less techie solution that does the job of output the DVD with any forma (NTSC or PAL). Working with DVD2SVCD , for me presonally, is too complicated and requires too much work. I have around 1-2 hours at night to play with this and I want a program like IC7 , DVD2One that just does the job - including the conversion.

Regards

botchka,

I also have a Panasonic standalone. Have you found one of these chips yet? Do you know much about them, or a web site where I can get info?

Also, I wholeheartedly agree on the 1-click software approach to conversion. Having to transcode each stream and reauthor the menus loses a lot of appeal for me.

aybesea said:

Also, I wholeheartedly agree on the 1-click software approach to conversion. Having to transcode each stream and reauthor the menus loses a lot of appeal for me.
Unfortunately all the one click approch software gives you very ordinary quality output. You get what you pay for, put little effort in and get ordinary results, put a bit more effort in and get fantastic results everytime. Its that simple.