OSX Finder style for Windows

dx

Like some of you, I live in both the PC and Mac worlds. One thing (of many) I appreciate about Mac OSX is the sidebar finder. Makes it easy to find major sections of the Operating System. However, you can have this tweak in Windows XP as well and it's free.

Take a look... here
Simple, easy, and effective way to get the same feature. Give it a shot, if you don't like it's easily reversible. Neat little Windows tweak. :cool:

Attachments

dx

VIPER_1069 said:
is that not just the same as using windows explorer DX !? :)
Yes and No. Did you look at that website?! ;)

Yes, it is an extension of the Explorer concept. But you cannot get all those items listed in my finder in Explorer. Many of my items are found in the WinXP extended start button. This little tweak lets you see it in ANY open window. You don't need to go to the start button now. Makes it easier and faster. Plus, you can customize what is in there as well as change the icon sizes... all without much effort. Put ANYTHING you want in there. Try that in Windows Explorer!

BTW, you don't lose the standard view. It's still there and you can switch back and forth easilly, with a single click.

scarecrow said:
Ain't that multitabbed sidebar more handy?
(Un)fortunately it's not windows, just Konqueror on KDE 3.4.1... :D
That's cheating bud! :p Now if they could only port it to WinXP... or OSX for that matter. ;)

dx said:
Yes and No. Did you look at that website?! ;)

Yes, it is an extension of the Explorer concept. But you cannot get all those items listed in my finder in Explorer. Many of my items are found in the WinXP extended start button. This little tweak lets you see it in ANY open window. You don't need to go to the start button now. Makes it easier and faster. Plus, you can customize what is in there as well as change the icon sizes... all without much effort. Put ANYTHING you want in there. Try that in Windows Explorer!

BTW, you don't lose the standard view. It's still there and you can switch back and forth easilly, with a single click.

windows + E =explorer and back again so switch back and forth there lol and ok its one extra click/button to get similar effect :)

bigger icons change the view to thumbnails :)

maby its just me a die hard windows explorer user set in my ways lol :D

really..why is this better then windows??
looks so usually normal both screenshots :D

XP RULEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!