Optical mouse

Recently i bought and use an optical mouse connected to PS/2 port and i have WinXP pro. The problem is that when i shut-down my PC the mouse is still powered-on(the red led lights).
I check the Bios the "wake-up on keyboard" and "wake-up on mouse" are both disabled.
Sounds silly but i can"t find a solution, any ideas?

Any other "wake on" options, as if ANYTHING is set, the standby power would be active.

Are any keyboard lights also left on?

I have the same problem myself, still lit in XP, but when i shut down from Win ME, it goes out......any ideas?

dx

As some Mobo manufacturers hide "wake on" settings, consult your manuals. Also look for Mobo jumpers that may be enabled by default.

Sad to day, some mobos do not allow you to disable the ps2 port's power. But not to worry, optical mice have a low power mode they go into when not in use. Some peeps actually like this mouse glow. Cooler than a night light ;)

LTR12101B said:
Any other "wake on" options, as if ANYTHING is set, the standby power would be active.

Are any keyboard lights also left on?
No keyboards lights left on...
So if the optical mouse has low consuption it"s no problem at all, as Dxkim said.
The only way to stop the mouse powered-on is to pull-out the connector from PS/2 port and insert back in it(after the PC has shut-down).

If the mouse is "dual mode PS/2 + USB" - as many opticals are, then you could switch it to USB.

Most mice of this type terminate in a USB connector and have an adapter to plug in to PS/2

** do NOT use such an adapter with a device that is NOT dual-mode, it is NOT unversal **

As DxKim says you should read your mobo´s manual and search for jumper settings for wake up options, many mobos like Asus let you disable wake up events in the bios but won´t cut power to this devices unless you disable the wake up settings by the jumpers