Only 2.86 gig

DVDMan007

Hi,

ive just converted an avi of 700mb to dvd using chickenmans tutorial and it has just finished after 2 and 1/2 hours.

I just looked at the size of the folder and it is only 2.86 gig in size :confused:

i checked the mpeg file and its just a black screen!

What has happened...do i need to start again?

cheers

Last edited:
I would say, definatly have to start again. I mean I guess it could just be a playback problem with the mpg, but that really wouldn't explain why it is also undersized, where as a black screen would.

Check your AVISynth script to see if that is also black.

DVDMan007

ive just tried my avi sythn script...and i played it in windows media player and everythign is fine...but the mpg created from the ecoding has a bacl screen with just red wierd stuff at the bottom...please help

Can you please post the GSPOT results on your AVI's video & audio. Can you also post your avisynth script that was used.

Firstly, I replaced your 2.8 gb sized attchment to a more civillized 47kb gif file to help those not on broadband connections (like me !).

What you have is a pretty standard Xvid with VBR MP3 audio made originally with Nandub, so no probs there. If your getting a black screen with some red at the bottom, then I suggest you have the wrong Xvid codec installed which also accounts for the small final size. As I say in the Tutes, install the latest from http://roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml

What version of AVISynth did you install when installing DVD2SVCD, ver 2.08 or 2.52 ? The latter is the one to go with. You can even upgrade to the latest 2.54 and DVD2SVCD is still able to run okay.

version()

Bah, character count ruins the simplicity of my answer yet again.

Check the example scripts folder and you will find version.avs with the above in it. If not, simply create your own script.