*offtopic* Advice/views wanted plz

I wanted some advice/views from members of this forum regarding a purchase i made approx 16 months ago which was a Video editing Board, a Dc30Plus board by Pinnacle (for those who are familiar). I purchased this for £450 + which is not actually cheap!. I have now been imformed that this board will not work on windows xp, (which i have recently installed) as there are no updated drivers available and wont be as this particular model is end of line....so basically for me thats £450+ in the bin! which i pretty pissed off about!!- I dont really want to revert back to windows ME because im planning to buy a new pc anyway this xmas which will have windows xp installed as default, and i think windows xp is an big improvement from Me.

I have wrote to Pinnacle Customer Relations about this matter and currently awaiting reply. Just wanting some views/opinions from members regarding whether i am intitled for some form of compensation .i.e a updated new compatible board.....where actually do i stand?
I really do think i should be offered a new board or something like that!!

Help!!

thanks for taking time to read this

dave

Hmm....I would be really peeved at that too.I purchased an ATI Rage Fury Maxx that worked in Win98.They discontinued the card,which was a good one.It didn't even last a year and the new Radeon was introduced.It(the Maxx) can't be used in Win 2K or higher.No support!I paid almost 300$ Canadian for it.

So it seems these hardware manufacturers suck!Why sell stuff you don't intend to support?:mad: Hope they see posts like this!!!