O/S on sata or ide

So i went mad and bought a new mobo (Asus K8V-X) and Athlon 64bit 3000 cpu :eek:
I have Xp pro on an 80GB Maxtor sata drive, 98se on a 20GB WD ide drive and another xp pro (dont ask) on a 40GB Seagate ide drive. As its time for a change how would you recommed I set it up ( I can forget 98se as its only been used in an emergency when I`ve ****ed up)
Would the o/s be best on the sata or the ide ( with apps on a different drive perhaps ) Main uses for gaming and encoding.

Thanks for reading :)

Pretty much a matter of taste- the SATA drive should be a tad faster, unless the mobo BIOS is buggy (not quite the case with Asus mobos, but I had many problems myself with an MSI mobo and an onboard SATA ontroller).
But just curious: Why two different installations of XP pro and not just one installation with different user profiles?
BTW when you screw up the best solution is either a WinPE bootCD, or a Linux bootCD (e.g. Kanotix, which is a Knoppix spinoff and includes NTFS read/write drivers "almost" right out of the box).

dx

Personally, I would run the Maxtor SATA for your OS and your games since these will benefit from that faster drive. You should have plenty of room for both on that 80Gig. Run the slower IDEs for burning, encoding, storage, etc. Don't expect a night and day change (unless you buy a WD Raptor), but the SATA will give a small but noticable improvement.

Thanks for the input everyone :)
@scarecrow The reason for the odd setup, is just due to constantly evolving situations. 98 was in use, xp got a tryout. Another upgrade came (with included sata) so another drive which ended up with xp. (plus numerous of lifes pc hiccups along the way) Just a case of not wanting to get rid of anything I suppose.
But now with the new setup its time for a Spring clean. :)
By the way I didnt know you could boot from a Linux bootcd, I shall investigate further. You learn something everyday :D