nVidia Forceware v56.64

v56.64 of nVidia's drivers is out

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_56.64 said:
Release Highlights:
  • Adds support for GeForce 5700 and GeForce 5700 Ultra
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 9 and OpenGL® 1.5 support
  • Supports application profiles for custom image quality and performance modes for all of your applications and games.
  • NVIDIA nView 3.5 Multi-display technology
  • Advanced Microsoft® Internet Explorer® popup blocker
  • Industries only Display Gridlines technology
  • Improved HDTV Y Pr Pb component out support for 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i formats**
Out since March 11 2004

EDIT: Sorry, release date is March 15, not 11 (March 11 was quoted from the release notes, but the download page says its 15....)

Last edited:
Advanced Microsoft® Internet Explorer® popup blocker
In a graphics driver :confused:

Cheers for the news though, but after reading about another members probs with them i might wait a bit :)

BaNzI :D

IE popup blocker... this is really stupid :) nView isn't a great deal anyway....

I'm still using v44.03 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8500 with GeForce4 4200 Go)...:( Will try to upgrade manualy to v5x...

Yeah, now the feeling bud, i still using a GF2 (not MX) & on XP could only get the first 50x drivers to install, all others wouldnt, i will try them soon, but will wait for more info on them & any bugs :)

Just thought it weird that a graphics driver would include a popup blocker, lol maybe they going the nero 6 route with everythin & the kitchen sink :p:D:p

Cheers again :)

BaNzI :D

I might have another try at beating them into submission... Win98SE, Geforce 2MX, 56.55 (leaked) and 56.64 (official), same problem, screen blanks out as the tray fills - on the second reboot.

At the moment, I'm pointing the finger at the Pivot 6.05 LCD rotate software, as it gripes and doesn't run on the first boot, and demands to be reinstalled - If I kill it, I'll have to find the original CD to validate the update.

The fail is about the time that, or the Nvidia settings icon enters the tray.
If you DO get caught out (this is Win98SE) - then reset, pound F8 and get safemode, and then use control panel to add/remove SOFTWARE, Nvidia Driver.

Now OK with 56.64 after removing Pivot!

Spoke too soon - it was ok for a while, but these drivers are just not stable for me.

The story goes that even the 40's were never intended to be released for Win9x, but user pressure prevailed.
It would seem that the "55's" (or 56's) are perhaps either not well tested on older cards, or not well tested in their Win9x version - a depressingly common tale for the Win9x staybacks now - even though estimates still put Win98/ME as 25% of the installed base