Not very thoughtfull??

Sent: 15 August 2003 07:49
to: xxxxsupport@nero.xxx

Subject Not a very happy customer

I purchased the full retail boxed version of Nero 5.5. I am running the latest update being 5.5.10.42 and when I try and create an audio cd it says wave editor trial expired?? I dont even remember ever installing wave editor. I thought it was caused by your latest version of WMA as I never had that problem before, and also it seems you have dropped support for Nero 5.5 forcing people like me to go out and buy Nero 6! To be perfectly honest I didn't expect this kind of treatment as a customer, and I am disgusted with the support now. All companies say they will still support older versions of their software and as usual they don't and it stands true too this very day. It was in a James Bond film where an actor said software companies always release bugged software forcing you too upgrade and pay, and that man hit the nail on the head. Maybe you can learn a lesson here, as I most certainly have.

As a result of no feeback or help I was forced to use an enterprise key, which has fully activated my retail boxed version!!! I don't even support piracy etc.

The Diplomat:D

I changed the clock back a month and the problem went away, but then even installing the previous update caused the same. :(

Last edited:
Hey.....Nothing new here and on other forums....Intercept is fighting Nero on all fronts(forums)..Good luck with your problem..whatever is it??? :D

zver said:
Hey.....Nothing new here and on other forums....Intercept is fighting Nero on all fronts(forums)..Good luck with your problem..whatever is it??? :D
Well whats the point in backing down in life, I finally got an answer from Nero and indeed everything is running sweet. :cool:

To: **********
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Not a very happy customer

Dear valued Customer,

Thank you for your email.

First make sure you have your Nero 5 serial key to install Nero/Nero Express with. It should look like 15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx. It should be located on the inside of the Nero Jewel case, or on the back of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in. You can also go into your Registry, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and under SOFTWARE_AHEAD_NERO BURNING-ROM_INFO obtain your Nero 5 serial key from here.

Then download NeroClean Tool from
ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/Nero-CleanTool.zip
to your desktop. Unzip the file and then double click on the EXE file to
run. Select 'Clean All' option and then click on the 'Clean' button to
Uninstall all Nero products. And then reboot your system. It will clean the
registry and remove all Nero entries.

After that download and install the latest Nero551050.exe version from our website at http://www.nero.com/us/631933457317970.html using your Nero 5 serial key to unlock from Demo mode.

If you have any further questions please do not hestitate to contact us.

best regards
Ismael
US Ahead Support Team
Office hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST

Ahead Software Inc.
Glendale, CA 91203
FAX: (818) 956 7094

See I got a result, maybe not what you all expected, I know my rights as a consumer and it paid off.

Thanxs to Ahead for their help in resolving the matter :)

Greets Intercept............