No sound on video after burn

SONofSENNA

i downloaded a film onto my computer and burnt the movie to disc to watch on my DVD player,
however when i went to play it, the sound has gone!! :confused:

i thought it may be my player, so i tried it on another.
but it still had no sound, i also tried it in the computer, but no luck.
the sound obviously has not come out for some reason.
Aundefinedny ideas on why this might be and how i can fix it??

thanx in advance
S"o"S

WinXP Pro SP1 512RAM
Movie info from VIDEO TOOLBOX
-------
VIDEO =
AVI
640x272
25fps
bit rate 1006
codec xvid mpeg4
-------
AUDIO =
channels 6
sample rate 48000hz
bit rate 384kbps
codec ATSC/A-52 [dolbyac3]

Last edited:
When you say burnt do you actually really mean "burnt" or you actually mean converted, authored and burnt? If so converted to what using what?

SONofSENNA

celtic_druid

sorry took so long have been away, ;)

it was burnt to cd using ashampoo shrink an burn2, which i have used for some time now,with no problems. [in fact i use it more than nero6 ultra, which i also have]

anyway, the movie was burnt as vcd
[as divx wont play on my DVD player]

hope this clarifies things

S"o"S

SONofSENNA

ok, thanx D, ;)

il give it another go with the tutorial.
on the codecs pack thingy, do you mean ffdshow? cos i havnt got it [it was removed ages ago cos it caused probs]

S"o"S

I wouldn't call ffdshow a codec pack, it is mostly a libavcodec wrapper (also libmad, x264, etc.). I would say that Duracell meant Kazaa Lite codec pack, Ace Mega codec pack, etc.

No real issues with ffdshow here.

SONofSENNA

i do have kazaa lite, but this is the only movie ive had this problem with, its weird,

you said there's no probs with ffdshow, but the reason i got rid of it was because it stopped my cucusoft converter from working. not relevant to this prob i know but, relevant maybe to someone else who is having a problem with THEIR conversions.

S"o"S ;)

SONofSENNA said:
i do have kazaa lite, but this is the only movie ive had this problem with, its weird,...
No thats not weird, thats normal. Uninstal the crap codec pack, read the tutorial and install the codecs recommended in there, then you will have no codec problems.

SONofSENNA

which codec pack? i already have divx nero,TMPGenc, virtual dub & vcd easy
do you mean the cinema craft one?

Thanx Mate
sorry to be a pain
:D

Last edited:
He means get rid of the kazaa lite codec pack and any other codec packs that you might have installed; ace mega, etc.

Nero, DivX, TMPGEnc, VCD Easy, CCE, etc. are not codec packs. Although DivX is a codec and Nero does include some.

SONofSENNA

OK IL do that,
but b4 i do
i think the problem is with boilsoft avi/mpeg/asf splitter i have tried to burn 2 other movies all 3 have been split using this app, and when i checked them the sound on 2 was out of sync and the third [the one i first started the topic about] has no sound as we know.

so assuming this is the problem is there anything that can be done? :confused:
short of buying another splitter!! [which i cant afford on a student loan]

thank you for your advice :)

S"o"S

ps
why uninstal the codec paks i thought they were needed to force media players to play different types of media??

Last edited:
Codec packs most of the time just screw things up. If you need to a codec, just install that codec.

There are plenty of free apps for splitting avi's, mpg's, etc.

SONofSENNA

celtic_druid
YOU SAID
There are plenty of free apps for splitting avi's, mpg's, etc.

could you name a few and where i might find them.

thanx

S"o"S

SONofSENNA

Problem sorted, what a divvy i am!!

when opening the movie, the boilsoft splitter starts playing the movie.
If you dont clik on the little marker to go back to the begining b4 you start splitting, it starts the movie from the begining but the audio stays and starts from where you stopped the movie, thus making it out of sync, still havnt worked out why one had NO sound though.

thanx everyone for your advice.

:D

S"o"S