No dvds will burn perfectly...Help!!

DVDMan007

This is how it goes,

I have today just installed a new pioneer 107 dvd writer becuase i thought i was having problems with my old writer. I am using Ritek GO4 DVD-R Discs

I have just tired to copy a dvd by ripping the dvd using DVD Decrypter and then buring the files in the UDF/ISO mode of nero 6.1.3.15.
All was goin well and it completed with no errors....untill i put it into my dvd player...I put it into one of my dvd players and it said the disc cannot be read. I put it into my second dvd player (which is a yamada and it plays mpeg 4's so it will virtually play anything) and it was ok but froze on chapter 8 and did not let me go any further. I then put it into my dvd recorder and it worked fine with no problems. I then put the disc into my pc and eveything worked fine on that.

However when i ran the files off my HD through DVDShrink it came up with an error on 54%.

Can anyone help me...i havent been able to burn any discs that will work fine in all my dvd players and my computer.

Can anyone point me into a very reliable way on how to copy dvds..Please not Laz's because i do that att he minute and tht is nto working

UPDATE: All the discs that i have not been able to copy properly, i have run through DVDShrink and all have produced an error while analysing the disc. Is there anyway how i can fix these discs because looks like most of my discs have errors..Anyone help?

Cheers
Help really appreciated.

Last edited:

trungthu

DVDMan007 said:
This is how it goes,

I have today just installed a new pioneer 107 dvd writer becuase i thought i was having problems with my old writer. I am using Ritek GO4 DVD-R Discs

I have just tired to copy a dvd by ripping the dvd using DVD Decrypter and then buring the files in the UDF/ISO mode of nero 6.1.3.15.
All was goin well and it completed with no errors....untill i put it into my dvd player...I put it into one of my dvd players and it said the disc cannot be read. I put it into my second dvd player (which is a yamada and it plays mpeg 4's so it will virtually play anything) and it was ok but froze on chapter 8 and did not let me go any further. I then put it into my dvd recorder and it worked fine with no problems. I then put the disc into my pc and eveything worked fine on that.

However when i ran the files off my HD through DVDShrink it came up with an error on 54%.

Can anyone help me...i havent been able to burn any discs that will work fine in all my dvd players and my computer.

Can anyone point me into a very reliable way on how to copy dvds..Please not Laz's because i do that att he minute and tht is nto working

UPDATE: All the discs that i have not been able to copy properly, i have run through DVDShrink and all have produced an error while analysing the disc. Is there anyway how i can fix these discs because looks like most of my discs have errors..Anyone help?

Cheers
Help really appreciated.
When I bought a 107D, I had a same problem. It's fixed now! Of course with help from the forum.

First, go to Pioneer website to download and update the firmware:

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/computer/dvdwriters/dvr107d/support/firmware.html

Remember to download the right firmware, and follow the instruction. And please DO NOT leave any disc in the drive during running the update.

The new version supports Ritek media and improves the drive's operations.

I also use DVD Decrypter to rip the original DVD, but to Files, not to ISO. Then use Nero, select the Photo/Video option to burn. Copy all files to the VIDEO_TS folder in Nero's window.

Sometimes, I rip to ISO, but use the Write ISO of DVD Decrypter to burn.

Good luck,

trungthu

With Nero 6.3.x, you should burn with the DVD-Video option and not the UDF/ISO, use that for ver 5.5.x only.

I'd suggest trying another burning software to rule Nero in or out of the problem. I'd suggest Record Now DX ver 4.5 to 4.61 with latest dx engine update so it will recognise your 107.

As suggested, update the firmware to latest ver 1.16.

But since your saying your were having problems previuosly, then got the 107 to help solve them and it hasnt, then you may some inherent Windows problem/software clash/etc. Are you able to instal a clean new Windows on a spare HD with NOTHING other than DVD DEcrypter and Nero installed. When installing Nero, install the Nero Burning Rom ONLY as well. There is little use of the extras they include. Then try a Dvd Decrypter ISO read and write as well as Decrypter File read and Nero DVD-Video write.

I also assume your trying to read an original pressed DVD and not an already copied DVDR ? If a DVDR, then the errors may be in the original copy.

DVDMan007

i am trying to copy a copy but when i run the discs through dvddecrypter i get an error come up...Is there anyway to fix these errors because i have tryed most of my copied dvds and they have errors.

There lies your problem. You have used crappy media that slowly looses its data. Princo's are typical of this. About the only way you can read them is using the burner that burnt them as a reader. Failing that, just keep trying different readers. To copy a DVDR, you can just use Windows Explorer and drag and drop also. Try Isobuster to copy the files across as well. They arent encrypter (because they are copies already) so Decrypter is not really needed.

iso buster allows you to extract files from cds/dvds to your hd to recompile in another authoring program such as nero :)

DVDMan007 said:
so if i use iso buster wot will i actually be doing? will this let me copy the copys perfectly?
As I said in my previouse post "Try Isobuster to copy the files across as well.", the key words being "copy the files". I think that is pretty clear to every one that Isobuster can be used to copy the files to your HD, or have I missed something?

Can I suggest you d/l isobuster and have a read of its readme docs, maybe it can explain it in a bit greater detail why I've suggested to try it.

DVDMan007

ok thankyou but no need to be rude about it...if the people on this board is as rude as tht was then it doesnt luk like a friendly board

Sorry, no offence intended, but you asked and extremely basic question, you got an extremely basic answer.

Please remember, we get asked that question almost weekly. We have a Search button at the top of every page but people seam reluctant to use it. If you took a small amount of your own time you would have found the answers very quickly, normally quicker than it takes for you to actually write a new post.

MysticE

DVDMan007 said:
i am trying to copy a copy but when i run the discs through dvddecrypter i get an error come up...Is there anyway to fix these errors because i have tryed most of my copied dvds and they have errors.
Have you tried to just copy them with Nero? Fire up Nero Express and do a straight copy disc.