No burn with xp sp2

I just upgraded? (from win 2k) to xp and installed sp2.
I cannot burn a dvd with dvd decryptor anymore...or even with the latest nero release.
I did the usual aspi trick (4.60) and disabled the xp burning engine but still no go.
Does anyone know what I need to do after getting this xp lark?
Is it an sp2 issue or just xp in general.
Got a pioneer 106d.

Master

Gold Member
Are you logged in as a an admin ?
Did you a clean install or an upgrade over an existing W2K ?

apparently theres some issues with sp2 and certain combinations of nero and decrypter builds dave :( (hallo btw lol :) )

apparently Nero 5.5.10.56 still works ok with decrypter or any version of NERO after 6.3.1.25 :)

suggest try different builds of nero maby :)

thanx

cheers guys...big respect to master for giving up most of his sunday night! :)

It was a problem with xp and the mobo...it decided my extra channels on the ata133 were scsi controllers..causing irq conflicts with my primary and secondary ide channels.
I stripped the system back to 1 cdrom and 1 hdd after disabling ata/raid in the bios. I then reconnected the other hdd and 2 other cd/dvd devices and then enabled ata133. the system then recognised them for what they really were.
Burning is sizzling again.

ps. xp may suck but it looks nice!! :D

Master

Gold Member
daveml said:
cheers guys...big respect to master for giving up most of his sunday night! :)
It was a pleasure to me, that's what are friends for. ;)

I like XP a lot more than W2K...even with SP2 :)

For serial ATA and RAID controllers the proper BIOS settings can be tricky... it's not XP (SP2) the thing to blame for such problems (although I agree it sux).

spot on...that was the root of the problem.
It was better to disable the raid/ata133 during installation. Then once the system was stable (don't laugh!) enable in the bios again. This way you have better control over which drivers windows installs.