No audio when i encode???

grant_c2003

I have a AVI file on my pc and it works fine, but when i encoded it using tmpgenc it encodes without any audio. The file is Xvid and its only the xvid files that i have bother with.

probably tmpegenc cant handle a audio format..Do a check with a gspot and tell us which codecs were used....Anyway,for avi conversion to mpeg i always used cm tut using avi2svcd using cce for encoder--never failed me :)

XviD is only a video codec, it has nothing at all to do with audio.

TMPGEnc has some issues with VBR mp3 audio, such as it will accept it as an audio source and then not convert. This is most likely your problem. If it was an audio format that it couldn't handle at all then it should not have even loaded the AVI as an audio source.

Anyway, I'm moving this to the SVCD/VCD Problems forum.

dreadycarpenter

celtic_druid said:
XviD is only a video codec, it has nothing at all to do with audio.

TMPGEnc has some issues with VBR mp3 audio, such as it will accept it as an audio source and then not convert. This is most likely your problem. If it was an audio format that it couldn't handle at all then it should not have even loaded the AVI as an audio source.

Anyway, I'm moving this to the SVCD/VCD Problems forum.
yeah i agree, open the video file in VirtualDub, and uncompress the entire audio to a wav file(goto file, save wave) then import the wav file in TMPGEnc as the audio file
:)