NFSHP II bug please help

When i try to play Need For Speed Hot Persuit II it comes up with this message:

----------

The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropiate access.

Version: 240
EIP = 0x005A9AC
ESP = 0x00BCF1AC
EAX = 0x00868814
EBX = 0x08BC8674
ECX = 0x0000FFFF
EDX = 0xFFFFFFFF
ESI = 0x00000002 EDI = 0x07BC63AO

----------

I have no idea what it means or how to fix the game

please help if u can

i'm having the same problem....i tried installing the game on my pc about 3,4 different times....each tiem the same error. and i'll be just STARTING the damn race after the long load time and then the screen just disappears leaving me at my desktop:mad:

First check here (it's the official support page) and see if anything helps you.
Second, go to the official site and download patch 242 (it's in a box on the right hand side). Don't let it deter you that it's labelled as "Beta". I've been using it quite some time and haven't encountered problems.
Hope that helps.

Zoltan said:
First check here (it's the official support page) and see if anything helps you.
Second, go to the official site and download patch 242 (it's in a box on the right hand side). Don't let it deter you that it's labelled as "Beta". I've been using it quite some time and haven't encountered problems.
Hope that helps.
i un-installed the full game and installed the demo....SAME problem

heres what i tried sending in to EA but the stupid site wouldn't let it go through:

i'm having the same problem that you listed in your "answers section"

"When I start Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 the game crashes back to the Windows Desktop after briefly flashing on the screen. How can I aviod this?"

however ur answer does not help me because my video card complies with everything. i'm running at 1.8ghz comp wid a ge force 3 128mb video card that has the latest drivers and is installed properly. After i wait for the game to load the race...i start revving my engine at the countdown and then the game just vanishes, leaving me at my desktop. i tried downloading the demo too to check if it was my cd but the demo did the same thing!...i updated my direct x to 9.0b and it still won't work!

PLEASE help..i dunno WHY the game is acting up like this!?

kindda similar problem here, I was able to run it for a while, but some day it began just freezing whenever I tryed to start a race, after all the tedious previous loads. Also did try to reinstall in different partitions with no luck at all ¿maybe something with some windows or other kind of update?

:confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( :mad: :confused: :( :mad: