new Plextor dvd recorder PX-716A

Master

Gold Member
Somewhere i read something about 130€ plus tax....i can get two non working liteon 832 for that..sorry i couldn´t resist. :D

Looks great indeed... hope to be able to find it as OEM to spare some money (did anyone notice the useless software DVD that comes with it?) :rolleyes:

scarecrow said:
(did anyone notice the useless software DVD that comes with it?) :rolleyes:
oh what a nice bundle; so every purchaser is able to screw up his system with 4 different burning engines during one installation process; :eek:

Argh...think that's bad...Look what North America gets...

Think I'm gonna vomit! :eek: http://www.plextor.com/english/products/716A.htm

Plextor Software Bundle for Windows:
Roxio Easy Media Center 7, Basic DVD Edition and Roxio PhotoSuite 7
Plextor's bundled software package offers ease-of-use and extensive functionality for Windows platforms. The PlexWriter PX-716 ships with Easy Media Center 7, Basic DVD Edition. Roxio's number-one selling DVD/CD-recording software lets users create movie DVDs, data DVDs, music CDs, photo slide shows synchronized with music, data CDs, and backup copies of personal discs.

@woody on the bright side at least we have an option to install it or NOT lol more likely the NOT lol :)

or sell it on ebay for an extortionate price lol :)

Already found it a the usual unofficial Plextor distributor in Greece (same company imports high quality Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui CD and DVD media at very good prices, minimum order quantity being 50).
Estimated price for the OEM is 110 € plus 18% VAT, not bad at all... Delivery after October 20th.

scarecrow said:
Estimated price for the OEM is 110 € plus 18% VAT, not bad at all... Delivery after October 20th.

yeah and a free BEER coaster if you get ROXIO cremator 7 With it!..... so thats an added bonus !!!!! :)

lol :p :)

scarecrow said:
Already found it a the usual unofficial Plextor distributor in Greece (same company imports high quality Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui CD and DVD media at very good prices, minimum order quantity being 50).
You mean "Disk Impex Hellas" in Athens ?

Laz

Yes this is the drive I've been waiting for too! :)

As Roady say's though, be important to see a good hardware review first before buying.

VILLA21 said:
You mean "Disk Impex Hellas" in Athens ?
Yes indeed, Paleologou st. on Amphithea, Athens. I buy my Mitsui CD's from there. This is probably the only place in Greece to buy a non-Full Kit Plextor drive. I believe they also accept orders via mail, not sure though.

Last edited:
Master said:
you get what you deserve :p

btw..netman will love it :D
LOL!!NOBODY deserves Roxio crap.If I buy it,I'll just do what I do each time I install a new drive.I'll just get rid of the software that comes with it. ;)

Hope this Plextor is more "media friendly",but I doubt it.

Laz

All I can say is that despite being a Roxio hater myself I have v7 on 2 XP installs without a glitch and I've been very impressed... especially after the crap that was v5 and v6! lol

Their cover software is still, IMHO, about the best out there and everything else seems to work fine too. Cannot believe I have just typed this but there we go. :D

(Sits back and waits for scarecrow to post ....... :D :p )

Laz said:
All I can say is that despite being a Roxio hater myself I have v7 on 2 XP installs without a glitch and I've been very impressed... especially after the crap that was v5 and v6! lol

Their cover software is still, IMHO, about the best out there and everything else seems to work fine too. Cannot believe I have just typed this but there we go. :D

(Sits back and waits for scarecrow to post ....... :D :p )
It's okay..I've gone from liking Nero..to hating it,back and forth..I'm a regular Nero user again. :D

I have a huge fear of Roxio stuff. :eek: