New game Splinter Cell

Well, another Tom Clancy brain-child has been put to market. But don't you beleive it's another Rogue Spear. It's very different, and very cool.

You play from a 3rd person perspective, which is something I have never really been able to dig until now (No, not even with Max Payne). This game allows you to play a character of a spy, you know, the kind that does things "unofficially" for the government, or "without government approval".

What sets this game apart are its highly technical movements and equipment, and for once, it finally "feels" like it.

This one is original. The gameflow is good. You are good at what you do, though not over-the-top like John Mullins in SOF. I wouldn't say this one is intense, but it is just plain interesting: a hybrid of many PC game predecessors, though an improvement upon them all.

You must figure how to get from A to B, much like in Half Life, thinking creatively at times, but with a bit more sophistication in how you can move.
You must use stealth at times rather than throughout the entire game like in Project IGI. And it's also a bit more realistic than what you will see in Project IGI.
You will have a few gadgets to use, high-tech stuff, a bit like Deus Ex, but without being excessive.

Simply put, you do many things that you see in other highly successful FPSs (or 3rd Person Shooters), but this one is done so much better. It focuses on just a few movements but they are UNIQUE to this game (involving very fluid acrobatics). Another thing that is great is that there is no excess, not in weaponry or in inventory. It's very simple to get going after completing the short training course -- which is a BIG plus in my book. This game requires some thought, but not enough to make you say "the hell with this". I have been getting stuck here and there, but I keep coming back for more.

The graphics are great, and they will be taxing on low-end systems, but that's the way of the great computer games.

When I find a good game I like to share that info with others. This is a good game. Although you might have guessed this much by now, it's single player only (unless I have seriously missed the 'multiplayer' option somewhere). Like I said, I keep coming back for more, and before I know it, much time has passed.

Try the demo out before buying, just as you should with any game. I like to get mine from www.3dgamers.com
No long waiting like at fileplanet and no log-on.

Happy gaming :)

basicaly i think it's an excellent game apart from the awkward control mechanism, they have ruined the excellent fluid movement that was on the x-box and the omission of any gamepad support is unforgiveable..

It's even better on X-Box?? I wouldn't know because I don't own one. But if it's better than the PC then it must be awesome.

i haven't got an x-box but i have played it on my mates, and i thought wow...needless to say i bought it for the pc, the graphics are better but the control mechanism is absolute pants, it got uninstalled the same day i bought it:( it's an excellent game for the x-box though..

You know, a lot of enjoyment that I get out of this game is in simply watching the cinimatic effect of my character doing his moves. It could be so much better, perhaps, if I had a 128mb video card instead of a 64. So I think I can understand what you are saying about the PC version vs. the X-box version. Even so, a 128mb card may still not compare to the console.