New DVD2SVCD version 1.2.2 b2 released

DVD2SVCD 1.2.2 Build 2 has been released, get it from www.dvd2svcd.org

HISTORY:
23 august 2004 version 1.2.2 build 2
- New feature: I have added support for Nic's QuEnc. Now DVD2SVCD can be run with freeware programs only if you want to :). However QuEnc is still in it's infancy and it is based on ffMPEG which have problems maintaing the Average bitrate when using VBR. Many promises has been made by the developer(s) of ffMPEG to fix this, but they never gets around to it, hint hint :)
- Bug fix: Using fixed chapters with scenarist wasn't too cool. The chapters were not sequential.
- Enhancement: If you're converting AVI of DVB files you can select the audio language (instead of using unspecified)
- Bug fix: The SmartDeinterlace And Blendfields Interlace options are working again (Bach)
- Bug fix: The GOP Sizes is not locked when using DVDAuthor (Only scenarist has this stupid limitation) (Bach)
- Bug fix: The CD Sizes in the frame selection window now matches those in the bitrate tab. (DDogg)
- Bug fix: When selecting "Keep interlaced" Anamorphic output wouldn't work (alas the 16:9 flag would not be set) when using CCE.
- Enhancement: Added support for Donald Grafts (neuron2) DVD2AVIdg version (Thanks :)
- Bug fix: Quite a few AVI files didn't work right with the internal audio extraction. (DDogg)
- Bug fix: Fixed the AVI resize calculations. (jsoto and nick)
- Bug fix: If a subtitle stream had an unspecified language the subs would be extracted completely black (bobwillis)
- Bug fix: When doing NTSC dvd2dvd with Scenarist the subtitles could sometimes overlap, causing scenarist to fail (bobwillis)
- Bug fix: If you had used MPEG5.1 audio output and then on a later encode switched to "Do not convert audio" the MPEG5.1 program would still be run and thus later on the muxer would fail. (Mascot28)
- Bug fix: The Bilinear avisynth script was wrong (addborder was missing) when doing a clean installation of dvd2svcd (DDogg)
- Bug fix: If you were using DirectShowSource as your AVI reader in avisynth, dvd2svcd could fail with a file not open if you had been in preview first. This was due to a minor bug in directshowsource.dll. Thanks to sh0dan for fixing this so fast :)
- Enhancement: You can now select "Do not convert audio" when doing AVI2x. But be aware that you're on your own if you use it. If you get any errors during the process deselect "do not convert audio"

Yep, thats the one. Very slow download speeds though, maybe there are a few 1000's of people trying to download :D Not sure what the last "a" means as it doesnt appear in the installed version.

yeah maby was me downloading at the time chickenman sorry mate promise not to do it again :(

lol :)

not noticed myself but then again with 1meg adsl even slow speeds are still pretty fast :)

Jola

Do read that this resizes automatically?
If it doesn't I wrote this very simple calc for an easy resize exactly(ish) to CM's calculations. Most people probably done this anyway.
Here it is if you want it.
Cheers
Jola

Attachments

"- Bug fix: Fixed the AVI resize calculations. (jsoto and nick)"

Well my first test encode of a 4:3 PAL AVI ended up with a 90 border on left and right side ! I ended up with an other coneheads movie :D so somethings still not right.

Thanks for tha AR calculator, try this one as well. I have no idea whos the author and can find no Google reference to it.

EDIT: To get the nearest size divisable by 4, just use the ROUND() and /4 then *4. Your line would then be

=ROUND((D4/A4*B4/1.1+108)/4)*4

Attachments

Jola

Thanks
Just done a 750mb+ avi in 1 hour using Ds2RoBa ans DVD2SVCD?
Don't recognise some settings but opted for one pass - seemed to work ok, great res.

Cheers Jola

PS Are you going to do a tute on the Ds2RoBa and new DVD2SVCD? (plse)

31 august 2004 version 1.2.2 build 3
- Bug fix: Well, the "Do not convert audio (use source audio)" didn't work when doing AVI files with AC3 audio, funny thing is that it should have worked because that's why I made it.
- Change: I have downgrade BeSweet to a former version. The latest version was a tad unstable in some scenarios

@ CM, thx for the avires.
:)

Last edited:
Also, the

- Bug fix: Fixed the AVI resize calculations. (jsoto and nick)

Has screwed everything up IMHO. For a 4:3 avi (such as 576x432) you have to select for Aspect Ratio 16:9 (borders added, encode as 4:3) would you believe to get a true and correct 4:3 output. If you have a capture done at 720x576/480, SVCD or VCD resolutions, then there is NO option that will give you a full screen 4:3 output unless you manually change the Avisynth script.