New Copyright Protection?

maelek

has anyone encountered an increasing frequency of problems copying?

I have been noticing on some of the newer dvd..that when i look at them on the win explorer..the dvds that don't work will have the name...

dvd video

rather than the way the ones that will copy have the actual name of the movie

i find that these movies that dont work also have some "flash" statup with the picture of the movie and such ....not the menu

the error i get is one that i usually associate with a dirty or scratched disc...redundancy error or cyclic whatever. These discs are clean and unscratched.

is this a new form of copyright?

two examples are

The Grudge
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

any help you lend would be.....helpful

indeed,it is a new protection,but it can be beaten by almost all softwares-just use a new version of it,for example dvddecrypter,clonedvd,dvd2one,dvdfab,they can all beat it,the name of protection is arcsos or something like that and sony is the main force behind it
i read about it at cdfreaks,so headout there for more info or use dvd decrypter(great freeware)and rip the ****** ;) ;) :)

Arcoss, I think it was.

Of course, there's a new one to come from Macrovision - I have a horrible feeling it's going to result in DVD's you can't play on a PC, just like the audio CD protections

maelek

thanks

VobBlanker worked for REA

however i am getting this error after i point the program at teh dvd vts video folder for The Grudge

VTS 01: Opening IFO
VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
VTS 01: Keeping Menu LU 01, PGC 02
Input error: Reached end of VOB too early
VTS 01: Menu final size= 0. Deleting menu.

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completed

any ideas? checking the vobblanker site too and will post if i find one

maelek said:
thanks

VobBlanker worked for REA

however i am getting this error after i point the program at teh dvd vts video folder for The Grudge

VTS 01: Opening IFO
VTS 01: Processing VOB (Menus)
VTS 01: Keeping Menu LU 01, PGC 02
Input error: Reached end of VOB too early
VTS 01: Menu final size= 0. Deleting menu.

PostCommands changed into Precommands in 0 PGCs of a total of 0

Finished with ERROR. Process Aborted and not completed

any ideas? checking the vobblanker site too and will post if i find one
Like Viper said try the latest DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. :) There both free and they will fix your problem. Good luck.

HYME

DVDcrypter

I have the latest version of both dvd decrypter and dvdshrink and i know the latest version of dvdshrink doesn't do this new encryption yet.
I'm sure it will be added in their next release though

HYME said:
I have the latest version of both dvd decrypter and dvdshrink and i know the latest version of dvdshrink doesn't do this new encryption yet.
I'm sure it will be added in their next release though
rip the disk with decrypter then use shrink :)