New CDR/RW Section

dx

Due to popular demand and Jamieo's permission we have added a BAO section to the Forum.

Many thanks to Jamieo for making such a grand and popular CDR proggie!

Have fun! :)

Might also be worth making a sticky that BAO has it's own forum at
http://www.burnatonce.com/forums/index.php
Perhaps even a "see also" note after the title

It is popular here though - a well-featured CDRDAO based burner for Windows - I know I bitch about the looks, and that it's not "no buts" freeware, but the main point, is that it may fill in a gap that your main software does badly, if at all.

Last edited:
It may be "no buts" but it's freeware after all, and once you master it the looks are less than a problem- in fact for me the new double window UI is not that useful, I always sized it on the right part of the screen with "always on top" ticked on, and fired then a dual pane filemanager, which took the left part of the screen and allowed easy drag+drop for any sort of compilations.
The program is almost flawless, what needs to be resolved is some CDRDAO bugs, but this is not really jamieo's task (although at the "private" beta section on BAAO forum you can also find and test some hacked CDRDAO versions, and see if they make the day (or the coasters...) for you.

@LTR12101B we are well aware that B.A.O. has its own dedicated forum ...but as you can see its in full flow here where people also need good advice :)

We asked JAMIEO for permission to also provide support here and he had no objections :) ... after all 8 out of at least 10 CDRBASE USERS prefer it lol :D

I vaguely recall mention of a "Romeo" hack - though that may have been for CDRECORD, not CDRDAO - now that does seem to ring a bell now I think of it, and for an older version and not kept up. I recall reading elsewhere that BAO supports some form of "longer than usual" naming - some ISO level variant, ISTR?

And yes, I keep forgetting the old drag and drop method - especially as I use it with Nero (but usually only for search results)

The "new moethod" that supports long filenames is called ISO9660:1999 and is supported now, since the new mkisofs versions can compile such long filenames to usable ISO images. As usual, some backward compatibility may be lost.