Networking problem?

My room mate (I go to a boarding school) just purchased a wireless cable card or WLAN card or whatever you want to call it through Verizon Wireless. It's called the Express Network plan with unlimited access and cable speed. The website is at h**p://w*w.verizonwireless.com/express_network/index.html in case you need to know more about my problem or your interested. But anyways, I have a laptop that we are going to use to make the internet connection happen. He has a desktop, and we want to know how it's possible to share the connection to his computer from mine? What will I need? I already have a network established using a basic netgear hub. Is that all I will need? :confused:

An additional ethernet card in his machine - connected to your hub, and ICS or a suitable proxy server - the connections will look as if they come from his machine.

You are restricted to OUTGOING connections only - this means HTTP will work, but for FTP, PASV mode must be selected.

Chat, video, and game clients are doubtful, unless they do NOT require any incoming connects.

OOPS!

Using YOUR laptop as the connection server, it may be difficult to connect both the wireless interface, and an ethernet (or a second ethernet if the wireless connects via one, but the principle is the same)

It may be better to use some old clunker of a PC as the connection support, that you can leave on all the time with no monitor.

Last edited:
Hey thanks that old PC idea sounds like a great idea! Umm... what do you mean about the gaming being difficult? I mean, is there a way around it?