Nero Recode Version 0.90 Beta

At last! Top quality for your home cinema
Do you know what it's like? You're watching a video CD and again the quality is terrible! Those days are gone forever!
Nero Recode does away with bad quality viewing! Now you can make backups of unprotected DVDs without any visible loss of quality! This now means that a whole film will fit on a normal DVD blank (4.8GB)!
The solution is both clever and simple - with Nero Recode you can now remove unwanted material (e.g. foreign language sound tracks or bonus material) from the DVD (9 GB). Then the film is converted, but this time with an optimized bit rate so that it fits on a normal blank (4.8 GB)!
And all that without any noticeable quality loss!

General Information
Nero Recode is a state-of-the-art program for importing, recoding (or compressing) and burning DVD-Video titles that would normally be too large to fit onto recordable or rewritable 4.7 GB DVD discs. First you import the complete contents of non-copy protected DVD-Video discs or DVD-Video file structures from your harddrive.

After the DVD title is scanned and analysed you can select the video, audio and subtitle content that you really want to keep, control the quality of the video content that needs to be recoded, and even add your own data files. Then you can recode and burn a new DVD-Video to DVD disc, DVD image file or hard drive folder in one easy step. The recoded DVD will keep the menu navigation of the source DVD-Video for that perfect look and feel.
Nero Recode additionally includes the following features:
Import, transcode and burn DVD-Video discs at incredible speed with maximum quality
Import and modify DVD-ROM data, or add your own data files
Embedded video player window for comfortable viewing of video titles
Fit-to-disc option automatically and dynamically adjusts video compression levels
Fit to custom target size
Use pre-defined recoding profiles or create your own based on your personal audio, video and subtitle preferences (with intelligent best quality match option)
Disable video content using customisable still images
Stores analysis files for all imported DVD-Video discs, allowing for instant content scanning when a title is imported again
Highly advanced compression algorithms for ultimate video quality

http://www.nero.com/en/631943753993336.html

My Test:
- Movie: "the salton sea"
- Scanned and analysed time: 6 min.
- Transcoding time (movie without extras/with menu/2 languages and subtitles): 41 min and 04 sec
- Quality: Similar to Clone DVD or DVD2One

Attachments

system specs of your setup there that you used for your test Denexo will be a plus here for those who need to know ;)

Just tried Nero Recode using Enemy of the State as a test disc. Ripped with dvd decrypter (8gb) and did a manual setup of recode for a little under 4.3gb. It did the whole job in 1hr 24min. Thats about 27mins more than if I use dvd2one and then burn with nero. Not bad quality and not a bad prog to setup and walk away from knowing that when you return you'll have a completely transcoded and burned dvd. I would use it again.

Thanks for the test Blane. ;) Sounds promising.Was the quality equal to Dvd2one for transcoding the same size of file?

The quality was the same and the only tradeoff is the time. But, an extra few minutes and you skip the move of loading the files into nero.

recode

just backed up Dare Devil using dvd decrypter and recode took 1hour 24 mins to do works like a charm.
seems a good program after all
nice one ahead
keep up the good work :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also Nero Vision 2 is a good free video authoring - greating software. They have done some changes and add some nice features.

Denexo said:
Also Nero Vision 2 is a good free video authoring - greating software. They have done some changes and add some nice features.
Plese could sombody post where Nero Recode can be downloaded from as I cannot seem to find it on there website
Thanks
Barrybear

Laz

Am I correct in thinking that there is "NO" Re-author function as yet with this prog?

And good news from the digital-digest forums - DVD Shrink 2.4 should be released in 2 weeks time aprox! :cool: So it looks like the project is still going on for now.

chumky

Ok Maybe I don't understand, Help

I rip the dvd with dvd decrypter, then I normally use dvd2one, then burn with nero. Where does nero recode come in I have tried to use it after dvd decrypter but haven't been able to, I can use it after dvd2one but whats the reason it is ready to be burned, Can some explain to me why, and if it can be used before dvd2one, how?

Nero Recode is something like DVD2One.
After riping the DVD then use Nero Recode to convert and to burn. So you don´t need DVD2ONE.