Nero 6- "Unable to complete disk at once" data recovery help needed

I have been using Nero to create archive CDs and DVDs of files I've been downloading since 1998 basically without incident. I typically burn these in "ISO" mode and have been doing nothing but DVDs since I got my Pioneer A05. The last few DVDs that I've burned that approach the 4.5 GB limit have resulted in an error message from Nero stating that it was not able to complete the disc at once. This comes at about the time one would expect the DVD burn job to be complete. In fact upon examination, the DVD has been burned all the way to the edge. This has been happening in both ISO and DVD video mode.

Here is my problem:

I burned an archive DVD yesterday and got this error message. Subsequently, I put the disk in two different PC DVD-ROM drives and both popped up a window showing all the files and directories. So like the idiot I am, I deleted the files from my hard drive. I used the "delete" trash can icon in Power Desk Pro 5 to delete the files, which I must say is a very thorough deleting function.

Well today, I needed to access a file on that DVD-R. So when I insert it and try to access a file on it, I get an error message that says " 'file name' refers to a location that is unavailable..."

I have tried to recover the files off this DVD using the program called BadCopy Pro, but whatever I recover is corrupt. I've tried recovering the files on the hard drive, but they have been wiped pretty well.

Anyone have any ideas on how to recover the files on this DVD? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First lesson to be learnt, just because the DVD give a directory listing, it doesnt mean all the files are there. (as you have found out :D)

Secondly, if Nero gives an error during burning, then 99.99999999999% of the time the dvd is stuffed. Bin it and find the reason for the error. Then burn another.

Sorry but I'd say your stuffed here. No way to get those files off the DVD as they may not be complete anyway. IsoBuster is another tool for recovery that may work.