Nero 6.3.0.2 out - now 6.3.0.3

Changelog

Changes from Nero 6.3.0.0 to 6.3.0.2
Bugfixes:

Nero Burning ROM / Nero Express
Prevent Nero Burning ROM / NeroExpress from closing when it is currently burning has been fixed
The pause settings of Video CD and Super Video CD compilation was not taken into account in some circumstances has been fixed

Nero Burning ROM
Fixed incorrect handling of DVD-Video burn process

Nero Express
Burning a second image on a CDRW fails with NeroExpress has been fixed
Layout reorganization problems when using the Japanese language has been fixed
Painting problem in the page that appears at the end of the burn process has been fixed

Nero StartSmart
When inserting a DVD-Video under Windows XP, auto play brings up an option for Nero StartSmart when it should not. This has been fixed
German text is now completed for Nero StartSmart
Corrected DVD-Video autoplay handler in case no application is available to handle playback

Nero ImageDrive
Improved driver stability under Windows 2000 and XP

:)

A "0.0.0.2" is a smaller step than usual, and that looks like a small step indeed.

Most notable, I suppose, is Nero Imagedrive, which seems to have been a running sore in several forums and newsgroups.

A reminder about the Antivirus - it's DRWEB based and can be used to scan the files before burning - a rather late stage to do it, but a useful cross check
Updates appear to be available Daily, and consolidated into a weekly archive (last weekly was Dec 28th) - the first time you update, you will download quite a few files to get to the current level.

The update option is on the HELP menu, and this option IS available to registered download owners as well as full retail boxed owners.

PS. One LOST feature from 5.5 to 6, seems to be the Wizard mode - a former halfway house between Classic and Express. Now you have to do the non-Wizard "thing", or switch to the inferior Express mode.

I switched from 5.5 to 6, and to be honest, it's NOT an upgrade I'd recommend unless the improvements to components other than the main writer appeal to you.

Nero Burning ROM
Fixed incorrect handling of DVD-Video burn process

About f....ing time !!!!!!! It now might work, but I'm not holding my breath.

nero

Wasnt my favorite sice last 5.0 version,tryed many 5.5 which were really junk,but this 6.3 version is working simply superb for my needs,not a single problem since,but i dont have a dvd burner though... :)

6.3.0.2 Seems to be reasonable well behaved - well, apart from attemting to do UPNP calls on the network.

I don't half miss the Wizard though - I DON'T want to bail out to Express - and I've not found any way to add entries to Smartstart - there needs to be one there for "Continue Multisession" - I just got used to doing basic setup with the Wizard, or cutting away from that handholding if I needed more control (eg. NO multisession, DAO mode for overburn or 80+ media)

Nero 6.3.0.3 is out now - the monthly demo update, and LATE - for a while, there was no demo.

If this is no more than a demo date update, why the hell was it LATE?

As usual, no changelog yet!

LTR12101B said:
Nero 6.3.0.3 is out now - the monthly demo update, and LATE - for a while, there was no demo.

If this is no more than a demo date update, why the hell was it LATE?

As usual, no changelog yet!
Probably Ahead reads the comments in this forum ;)

Release Notes - If you don't see 6.3.0.3, do a forced refresh

Changes from Nero 6.3.0.2 to 6.3.0.3

Features Added

Added support for new recorders
Bug Fixes

Nero Express:

Corrected message box in the "Erase Disc" dialog
VCD burning on image recorder fail in "preparing items" error message is solved
Nero BackItUp:

Corrected transfer data calculation algorithm for used sectors backup
NeroVision Express 2:

Improvement of the video quality with half picture element interpolation
Improved video auto-post-processing functionality
Solved a problem that caused sometimes a crash with mpeg-2 files while editing
Changes in profiles to report correct possible inputs for audio encoder
Sometimes the property window was not fully visible

NB. Nobody here recommends Nero for video encoding - well, certainly not MPEG2 .... it might be ok for VCD.
The MPEG2 encoder (used be be a purchased plugin, but now I believe it's bundled) - was beaten in quality by all the others, and didn't make up for it with exceptional speed.

Not actually seen a review of it in V6, it might have improved