Nero 5.5.10 Bugged

Anyone else noticed the bugs in Nero 5.5.10, it doesnt erase a cdrw correctly and when you write too it, you get crc (Cyclic Redunacy Check) errors on the cdrw after its finished validating the data. Even more of a major bug, as it was writing just before it gets too the validation process it locks me Plextor drives up.

I bought nero 5X and have a valid key. lucky for me the aspi layer was still intact and I used cdmate too erase the cdrw and write the contents, and it worked a treat. So until they release a bug free complete nero, I am going too downgrade too 5.5.99. But still use cdmate as well ;)

Lifes a bitch sometimes but at least I found away around instead of resetting my pc. :(

Greets The diplomat:) :(

edited by me too reword it and help others understand :)

Last edited:
I downloaded it - but everything I've heard makes me reluctant to upgrade from 5.5.9.17
The 5.5.10 has a new feature - the AAC trial (I HATE trials) - and maybe it's a bit of a rush job - the version seems to be a bit of a lemon!

Re: nero

The-poacher said:
Intercept said

U will be waiting a long time!:eek: ;) :D
No mate, considering I bought this product and they have released total garbage with the latest version, I am entitled too tech support and will send them an e-mail, to get their act together, for if not I will ask for a refund! ;) I don't waste money for bugged software. Like I said I recommend the lastest CDMate for making data, or audio CD's, that is until h**p://w*w.nero.c*m/en/ get their b****y act together :mad:

Just sent the retail department this following E-mail.

This is a post I put on a forum, with me being an authorised holder of Nero with a valid serial no.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone else noticed the bugs in Nero 5.5.10, it doesnt erase a cdrw correctly and when you write too it, you get crc (Cyclic Redunacy Check) errors on the cdrw after its finished validating the data. Even more of a major bug, as it was writing just before it gets too the validation process it locks me Plextor SCSI drives up. As well that problem, here is another for you. I have 4 UDMA 5 ATA 100 Western Digital drives, and when I try and make a data disk and burn using my liteon @ x32 speed from an image, I get buffer underruns red/orange for the whold process. Only this version of Nero gives problems.

I bought nero 5X and have a valid key. lucky for me the aspi layer was still intact and I used cdmate too erase the cdrw and write the contents, and it worked a treat. So until they release a bug free complete nero, I am going too downgrade too 5.5.99. But still use cdmate as well

It is in your best interest that you don't release bugged patches without trying them out.

Kind Regards

Greets The Diplomat:D

Last edited:
I had the same problem that Intercpt had using a Plextor 1210s then switched to my Lite-on 48246s and had no problems anymore, both burners are mounted in the same pc, maybe this is a bug exclusive to the Plextors with Nero 5.5.10.0.

I have a Yamaha CRWF1 and upgraded its Yamaha bundled Nero to 5.5.10 with no problems. I also have a LiteOn 40125S and 52246S and did the same with both of these also. I realize that this isnt exactly the case with you but I havent had any problems with it...maybe because I upgraded an existing version rather than a clean key install..?

Definitely interested in what you find out!

I recall there being problems with Nero and some Plextors once before - not found the reference yet though - an issue in one fille if I recall, either the MMC.DLL driver, or the Nerocd95.vxd

Plextor drives use a different reading routine from other MMC-3 drives, and its quite possible that Ahead has compiled wrongly some .dll resource.
I do believe they will reply to you soon, unless they have even more serious bugs to resolve, which would not be surprising at all.

Thunder Bolt said:
Intercept: Please let us know if you are fortunate enough to receive a reply!
At long last they sent me a reply today, and don't all jump up at once like crazy peeps, its rather a kickback than anything else.

"Dear customer,

Thank you for the information. Will forward your email to Engineering in Germany for review.

Regards,

Al"

Greetz The Diplomat:D

Last edited:
Yep ive got problems too....i have a plex 8/20 and tryed the new version....and it locks my system up at the nero load screen...never had any problems with nero till now...i downgraded to the next lower version and now it works fine....btw iam using xp pro......the nero team made a big mistake somewhere in this new version.......

Greetz:D

I have the product installed on 3 computers the only one that has any problems is the one with duel plex writers

I don't know anything about this, but reading this thread leads one to beleive that it is a plextor-specific problem. If so, Nero will work it out for you. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

weboneando said:
I had the same problem that Intercpt had using a Plextor 1210s then switched to my Lite-on 48246s and had no problems anymore, both burners are mounted in the same pc, maybe this is a bug exclusive to the Plextors with Nero 5.5.10.0.
I have a TDK 48x VeloCD, which is actually a rebadged Lite-on 48246S. It came bundled with Nero 5.5.9.0. Thus far I have burned Data Cds and MP3 Cds without problems.

I will post back with results of other types of burns.

scarecrow said:
Plextor drives use a different reading routine from other MMC-3 drives, and its quite possible that Ahead has compiled wrongly some .dll resource.
I do believe they will reply to you soon, unless they have even more serious bugs to resolve, which would not be surprising at all.
How right you are, scarecrow!!
Have a look at the TDK website. Note that they offer an install patch that for those who are receiving an MSVCRT.DLL error.
Again, I have had no problems installing and burning with the Nero that came bundled with my TDK drive. I'm one of the lucky ones so far. It is nice to know that TDK is offering support with this, rather than leaving you out on a limb, i.e., if there is a "patch" then TDK is making the customer privvy to this knowledge.
Although many of you that upgrade to Nero's latest version might find major bugs, it would probably be wise to check out the drive manufacturer's website, assuming you received Nero as part of the package when you purchased the drive. They might address your specific issue. Then again, they might not, but it's worth checking into.

Last edited: