Neo 2.2 DVD-R woe.

Hi, I've had the Neo 2.2 chip for some time now, and therefore need the use of Action Replay software to boot my backups. This is no problem, the procedures are quite foolproof.
However, recently, my AR2 boot disc cracked, prompting me to acquire a new disc from Datel, the manufacturer, who furnished me with the Action Replay 'upgrade disc'. Running CD-Rs off this is no problem, DVD-Rs.......well, I can't boot them at all now. Even the new procedure, credited to nightstalker, doesn't work.
The problem seems to reside with swapping the original PS2 DVD for the DVD-R at the 'updating code list' part of the procedure, the final step. On the upgrade disc, this is no longer a sub-screened message- it is now a sub-screened message with a progress bar, which seems to bugger the whole swap trick up.
Clarification from any forum member would be great. Help!!!

Cya, Gaz.

psx_paul said:
what version AR2 was your original?
what version AR2 have Datel sent you as a replacement?
My original version of AR2 dates back to December 2001 and was simply ''AR2v2". Datel sent back an upgrade disc (recently released as an update to accomodate codes for all the games released between then and now) which, neither on the disc itself nor on the packaging or paperwork, does not specify a version number.

gaz25 said:
My original version of AR2 dates back to December 2001 and was simply ''AR2v2". Datel sent back an upgrade disc (recently released as an update to accomodate codes for all the games released between then and now) which, neither on the disc itself nor on the packaging or paperwork, does not specify a version number.
Has it not even got the version number on the inner-most ring of the disc ? (look very carefully :))