Need some help from all you US members out there

Laz

Hi, I'm going on holiday to Texas in a month or so and was wondering this.......

In the UK you can fairly easily buy the latest cinema releases on VCD and the latest appz from car boot sales, markets etc. Does this sort of thing happen in the USA? Where would be my best bet for say the latest movies while I'm over there?

TIA m8's :D

get joripe to post you em lol !!

juss kiddin laz mate just thought i would add that ;)

come on guys/gals help laz he helps you enuff people ;)

i live in the usa and i have never seen warez or movies dealings in fleamarketlike settings like that; now, back when i was visiting moscow, that's a different story there.

so good luck tho in finding it; you might get lucky

I live in central Texas & it's the same here, warez is really hard to find. We either have to borrow from a friend, get it from the net or buy new software. Maybe I just don't know where to look.
Sorry

well the US is not an open market for illegal software,vcd meaning no selling from the trunk of your car.. unless you want drugs you can find these if you look hard on any corner.. but mostly you'll have to go online to get appz, vcd's samething. if you were going to new york you woud find VHS tapes of the latest cinema movies on the street's but their usually poor quality. besides your going to texas i wouldn't want to get caught doing anything illegal there you might get the death penalty.. :(

ya know if it were canada you can RENT pc games and software !? i had a mate that stayed there and he could not beleive his luck lol ;)

talk about a nutty rental store !?

My suggestion is that either you hook-up with somebody with a computer and copy a buncha rentals. . . .

OR go to fatwallet.com and check out what the most recent retail deals are. You would be amazed at some of the sales/bargains that are available infrequently.

Laz

Thanks a lot for the replies guys.

LMAO @ chickenhq, you are right m8 about breaking laws in Texas! :D It's hard enough just buying a drink in a lot of places so my uncle tells me.

Oh well, not a problem really as I can get hold of most things in the UK anyway very easily. Just thought that it might add a bit of interest to the trip if things were a bit more relaxed over there. And after all I don't want to start any trouble off in Waco again! :D

Anyone know any good bars there?

well i live in San Antonio Tx and theres none of that here i got a website its also a forum not sure if im aloud to post or not but just pm if your interested New release VCD's for like $1 a disk etc they also got sellers from europe and other parts of the world

asia is ur best bet for new releases, i just came back and its rife with new releases out there.
umm but ur goin to texas so no use there lol sorry m8

dx

VCDs just never became all that popular in the USA. So the market for them is underground and usually online.

DVDs on the other hand are plentiful. Everybody from the local grocer to the Virgin Megastore has them. With older DVDs going for $8-12 and newer titles going for $15-25 it's not that bad a deal. And the DVD players even go for as low as $75 now!

But of course, the $1-5 VCDs are cheaper, but you often pay a price for mpeg1's video and sound quality. SVCDs with mpeg2 are an even rarer bunch here.

Agree with Midnightangel...if you want VCDs, Asia is a great place to find them.

nothin beats newsgroups for warez and movies!!!!! irc is too frickin slow for me ......I can download alot faster from NGs....don't waste your time and effort to get warez from the street.....

Midnightangel said:
asia is ur best bet for new releases, i just came back and its rife with new releases out there.
umm but ur goin to texas so no use there lol sorry m8
You're right about that :) I don't buy VCD's (about 50-60 US cents each) because I can get DVDs (almost same as originals, but only for already released movies) for US$1.50 :D

New movies also have DVDs but most are screeners only so it's not very good quality..

But still I'm angry because people in China and Malaysia can get DVDs for only US$0.50 :mad: :mad: