Need some expert help with my pc

Can anyone offer advice, I think my pc is becoming sick, it seems to have developed a power fault. If I unplug my pc and remove all power to it, when I plug it back in the power supply fan and the drive light illuminates before I press the pc start button. I have noted that this only occurs when I remove all power from the machine, if I shut down, the pc shuts down completely, I can then start from the button ok. This only occurs when I remove all pwer from the pc.

Any thoughts, power supply???

could be power supply. one way to find out is to get 300 watt or better computer power supply from place where you can return it if does not work.

do not know where you are on planet, but spycat is here in US. we have Best-Buy stores. they will do what I have said. Mission-try to get returnable power supply someplace.

anyways, if new power gives same problem. then probably main-board problem. if all OK, then power supply problem.

kind of sounds like main board problem to spycat. but spycat would go with power supply option first. Good Luck!

EDIT: spycat made new thread instead of reply to TELEMETRY
was supposed to be "post reply".

I recall a power option on some older bios sets to resume to a previous state after a power loss.

Check your bios on something like "power lost resume state" and set as "keep off".

NORMAL

Mine does that if I unplug and leave the plug out more than say 10 seconds. Plug it in and fan etc starts/stops. EVERY TIME and no problem.

TELEMETRY said:
Can anyone offer advice, I think my pc is becoming sick, it seems to have developed a power fault. If I unplug my pc and remove all power to it, when I plug it back in the power supply fan and the drive light illuminates before I press the pc start button. I have noted that this only occurs when I remove all power from the machine, if I shut down, the pc shuts down completely, I can then start from the button ok. This only occurs when I remove all pwer from the pc.

Any thoughts, power supply???
It is supposed to be like that, it's youre systems way to say ok i'm powered on.
Start worrying if it doesn't anymore:D

Hope that calmed youre mind.