Need Help With Xvid Audio!!!!

grant_c2003

I have a xvid file and works perfect when i watch it on my pc, but when i encode it using TMPGnc i lose the audio. Why is this? what can i do to prevent it from happening?

Laz

It's because of the mp3 sound bud, causes a number of problems especially for VCD encoding.

Usually stripping out the sound and saving as .wav using VirtualDub and using that file for the sound source when encoding with TMPGEnc sorts the problem as TMPGEnc can't cope with VBR mp3. But every now and again you will run into lipsync problems with certain .avi files sadly. :(

See my post in the Divx forum about my problems with some files, celtic druid's response is the direction to head in. ;)

Moving to the Divx forum now for you...............

No such thing as XviD audio. XviD is a video codec only.

I agree definatly sounds like vbr mp3 audio to me. My suggestion would be to do only the video with TMPGEnc and encode the audio seperatly using say BeSweet.

That said if you frameserve the AVI (assuming it is an AVI, you never said) to TMPGEnc via AVISynth the audio should be fine as it will be served up as RAW PCM. Also if you do the resizing in AVISynth your encode times should be quicker.