2 MB

Interface:
ATAPI Ultra DMA 33 mode 2

PIO mode:
Mode 4

Audio connections:
Headphone, volume control, analog- and digital output

Media supported:
DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW with 80mm and 120mm diameter

Modes supported:
DVD-ROM, DVD Video, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD Text, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, CD-I Ready, CD-Bridge, Photo-CD, Video CD

Writing methods
DVD: Random Access Writing (DVD±RW), Sequential Writing (DVD±R/DVD±RW)
CD: DAO (disc at once), SAO (session at once), TAO (track at once) with zero gap, variable or fixed packet, multisession

Special features:
Vertical operation possible
Anti-dust seal

It's the same drive as ND-2500, which can be flashed to dual layer, but NEC says that the laser needs factory recalibration, else it could possibly fail to burn even single layer DVD's after the firmware "upgrade"...

im not in a hurry to get a DL burner untill the media filters through at a price resembling the current prices of -r media or there is no point in getting one :)

but even then !? not so sure with current tools out there such as shrink you get a pretty good backup to a 4.7gb -r with acceptable quality viewing :)

so i think i'll hang on to my 107 for now :)

Same thought here too Viper. I'm happy with my 105. I'll probably get one next year when I build a new computer with pci express.

I stick with my DD0401 for now. I've also read I don't know how true it is but you can only play back recorded DVD9 media on that drive. :confused: Reminds me of plextor. :eek: Also has any seen any DVD9 media for sale?