My DVD to DVDR Tutorial has been updated

I have just updated my DVD to DVDR Tutorial. It includes these changes:

1. This is to take into account the new version of DVD2SVCD that does faster 1 pass VBR encoding equal to a 4-5 pass VBR by using the D2SRoBa plugin.

2. Also Scenarist is not needed anymore and freeware DVDAuthor has been included to do the authoring.

3. Batch mode encoding has need included.

4. Manual reathoring of a DVD9 when the video + audio is less than 4.37gb size has been changed to use DVD Shrink instead because its faster and simpler.

5. I cant believe it, but I found 48 spelling mistakes. Well the spell-checker found them :D

6. Pictures updated where needed and a couple more included.

Its at http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?p=146627#post146627 so any problems or queries or anything, just ask.

Enjoy,
ChickenMan

Thanks mate, I was going to wait until the next version of DVD2SVCD is out (due soon), but I couldnt wait. In the new version you will be able to use QuEnc freeware MPEG2 encoder. When that does happen, it will be a fast totally free quality DVD to DVDR converter. Bring it on :) :)

MysticE

Seems to be a rather complicated affair. What's the advantage of this method over Rebuilder or DVD2DVD-R 1.81?

MysticE said:
Seems to be a rather complicated affair. What's the advantage of this method over Rebuilder or DVD2DVD-R 1.81?
I suggest you try it out before you say its complicated. DVD2DVD-R & DVD2SVCD both have nothing in common to ReBuilder other than they can all use CCE to do the encoding. As you know, ReBuilder does WHOLE dvd only, while the other 2 does main movie only.

D2S uses any version of CCE that is supported by eclCCE while d2d-r is version specific. d2s can also encode AVI's & DV, d2d-r cant. It can also make VCD and SVCD, d2d-r cant. There are far more options available for the "pro" to set, add, adjust than in d2d-r so its far more versitile. D2S doesnt use IfoEdit for its authoring (uses DVDAuthor) and thus no Chapter, FF or Rewind problems. Though both can use Scenarist. D2S can use CCE, TMPGenc or Procoder (and soon QuEnc) for its encoding, while d2d-r is limited to CCE and an old MainConcept.

I can go on and on, but the choice is simply yours, if you find d2d-r fills your needs then stay with it, I'll stay with the strength, speed and versatility that d2s offers.

Another program to check out is DVDREasy if you into 1 click solutions using CCE. Only uses CCE 2.50 at the moment but very easy to use and works.