my computer doesn't recognize the cd drives.

my computer doesn't recognize the cd drives.
Well, when I start to fix the problem, for the first time with my computer, a big blue screen appears and tell me that the machine it's going to shut down
After doing everything to fix the problem, nothing works, I try to repair Windows but the problem was that the sistem don't recognize the Cd Drives and in the middle of the repair, ask me from some files that only the cd has.

my os :xp

please help

thanks in advance

can you not download and install newer ide drivers from your mother board manufacturers website and see if that fixes it !?

thanks for all help

I will check your advices soon when I'll be at home

again many thanks for help

will report how will solve

as4u

problem fixed---the solution

First at all I want to say thanks to all . Another thing I'll never have a problem with Xp Pro and my pioneer drives.

It's like this y try to explain the best I can because of my english limitations:

The CD and DVD drives work without any problems out of windows, it was not a hardware problem, it was a virus issue.

I try to reapir Xp Pro and in the middle of the installation, the drives don't work, a Symantec Guy told me that the virus detects that you are introducing a disc in the system and "maybe" this disc is the Norton Antivirus, because this virus changes the configuration of norton and detects when you are trying to upgrade or make changes in the OS. It contains a backdoor that uses mIRC to communicate with a remote attacker. It also contains a keylogger and attempts to spread through the KaZaA file-sharing network. The worm attempts to terminate the process of various antivirus programs if they are found to be active.

I made a clean installation in another directory and start to work in NT mode, but the virus also move to this new directory (at this time i didn't know that I have a virus). I download Panda Antivirus and other tools to uninstall Norton, because with the "Add Or Remove Programs" and "Recycle Bin" I can't uninstall Norton. Then I clean all the registry entries of norton. made a virus scan, remove the virus, install again Xp Pro and Norton. This actions fixed the problem.

an very interesting aftermath; thanks for information;
and the conclusion: always update your AntiVirus software;

Greetings from
Duracell

always i update my norton antivirus and scan my computer

that's the strange issue why norton didn't recognize that worm?

the Panda Antivirus did the job and found out this virus, funny, it cames in a serial number of DADVIDEO program that i download in the old kazaa.

but now it's history