MY 2 Cents on OPTORITE DD0401 : )

So far so good after replacing my PS after my new seagate 120gb took it out.:( So far I burn a few backups at 4x at like 15 minutes thats half of the time from my A04 did.:D The best part is they all played in my stand alone. I picked up some sony DVD+R (DPR47L2) cause optorite's web site said they can burn at 8x, well I didn't try it yet but my programs give me the option to burn at 8x now.:cool: So far nine trys at 4x with G04's and nine good burns.:cool: So my feelings on this drive is use good media and I shouldn't have a problem.

PC-GUY,

Thanks for sharing...I always appreciate what you have to write.
I too use Ritek G04 media and have burned 22 of 50 discs I bought and ALL were burnt at 4X (Movies and PS2 Games). No coasters yet and all work flawlessly.
The only difference is I'm burning with a Pioneer A05.

I owe a BIG THANKS to this forum for letting me know about the Ritek media and for now I'd never substitute it for anything else...I don't see why I should!

If it ain't broken why fix it!

Regards,

Well I just burned my first 4x dvd+r @ 8x, and it worked great. When I fiinshed it played in my pioneer dvd. Also nero data verification completed successfully. :cool: This is what nero's log told me about sony DVD+R (DPR47L2) :

Media Specific:
00 01 52 49 43 4F 48 4A - 50 4E 52 30 31 02 38 23 ..RICOHJPNR01.8#
54 37 09 00 3C 67 00 AC - 62 16 18 0B 0B 0A 0B 01 T7..<g..b.......
19 1B 0B 0B 0E 0F 01 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 ................
So far so good.:cool:

I have this drive also and have burned many DVD+RW Ritek Disks at 4x. The ones recommended on the opterite web site without problems. I have also written several Verbatim CD-R at HD burn 1.4gb and they also worked flawlessly. BTW there is also a new firmware update 130E.zip on their site.

Last edited:

RLKirk65

PC-GUY said:
So far so good after replacing my PS after my new seagate 120gb took it out.:( So far I burn a few backups at 4x at like 15 minutes thats half of the time from my A04 did.:D The best part is they all played in my stand alone. I picked up some sony DVD+R (DPR47L2) cause optorite's web site said they can burn at 8x, well I didn't try it yet but my programs give me the option to burn at 8x now.:cool: So far nine trys at 4x with G04's and nine good burns.:cool: So my feelings on this drive is use good media and I shouldn't have a problem.
I am Robert L. Kirk, I just bought a 0401 and have had no success with the ripping to +R Media, can do -R disk fine and cand copy a ripped to -r to a +R ok, what firmware are you using, mine came with 120E. Than you:p.S. I am using X-Coyp Express

Now I'm using 130E but I have done it before with the 120E. What are you trying to play them in and are you sure the player can play + media? I would check your player out at DVDRhelp.com just to make sure it can play it. Let us know how you make out. :)