Mtkwinflash

cjt28

I'm trying to flash a Samsung 616Tdrive with a Samsung 605B firmware. Yes I know I am years late, but my DVD drive went out in my Xbox and I would keep the box alive. I'm currently running Vista. My problem occurs when I click the launch button of either ATAPI or IDE. Once I click either one, I get the message, "Load Dynamic Library Failed." I'm guessing that MTKWINFLASH isn't compatible with Vista? If that is the case and I end up needing to use MTKFLASH, can anyone point me in the direction of finding the file(s) needed to create a boot CD (I don't have a floppy drive on my PC). If MTKWINFLASH is compatible with Vista, how do I solve the problem or rid the error message?

Last edited:
Bootdisk.Com A good place to look for bootdisks.

One warning, if it's the only drive, I would NOT want to be flashing the drive that the boot CD is in, as that tends to be a recipe for disaster.

No seen much on the flash program and Vista, positive or negative. Compatibility settings might help, but if it half works and chokes at the wrong point, bye bye drive!

Not sure if my favourite way of making bootables (also no floppy) still works in Vista...
VM Back
Assembling a virtual boot floppy, saving the image and using that to feed any program that can make a bootable CD.

You can also take an existing boot image, like the one with no drivers for BIOS flashing, and modify it using the virtual floppy.