Mpeg2 out of sync

A bit more info please.

Is this an MPEG2 file or a SVCD you are taliking about. Is it out of sync on playback on your PC (what program are you using for playback) or DVD Player or both?

Also, how is the a/v sync out. Is the audio out by the same amount all the way through the movie or does it start off ok in sync and then slowly get worse as the movie plays.

Thanks ChickenMan for the fast reply.

It's a DivX movie that I converted to MPEG2 using TMPGEnc.

It's still all in one 1500 MB file (hasn't been cut yet) so I dont know how it would play in my standalone but watching it with PowerDVD it starts off in perfect sinc but by the end of the movie it's about a half of a second off.

I double checked the original DivX and it doesn't have this problem.

Yep, typical problem with DivX converted. The prob is when the DivX is made they can vary the Freq of the audio or even frame rate to make it perfect. Unfortunately for an MPEG2 the frame rate is fixed and tre audio either 44.1 or 48.

It can be fixed though. De-mux the MPG file with TMPGEnc. Load the audio MPA file into Goldwave (or your favorite audio edditor) then you need to change the Playback Rate and then Re-Sample back to the 44.1 or 48. Save as a 16bit Stereo WAV, convert that to an MPA (I use a program called SCMPX, not sure where I got it from!) and finally remux back with the video mpv file. If all went well it will now bw in sync. If not just go back to Goldwave and change the Playback rate further and do the rest again.

Cheers.