mp3pro mass encoder

:confused:
Just touring arond the net and found a winamp plug in that will allow you mass encode music to mp3pro
h**p://w*w.pl-computers.ru/download_item.cfm?ID=247
h**p://tobad.chat.ru/
Is this for real or did somebody conjure up somthing to make a mess?
I am little skeptical but i guess it could be true.
the second like (both in russian) has likes at the bottom to allow download source code for the codec. One is a res file and the other is a source file. Not very good at programming.

any ideas??

thank you
xbenchman

Yes,i saw that but i dont use winamp,if you use you can try.Also for mp3pro you can go with mymp3pro or nero,i didnt find any noticebly difference:D

mp3pro

:)
It is advertised as a winamp plug in but it comes as an executable
gonna have to try it - looks and totes itself as a standalone
I wonder if someone took apart the demo or the nero plug in.

thank you - i'm gonna go play

I just tried and encoded wave in mp3pro(works--so im god right--right),but sounds like shit---no difference in mp3 of same size,dont waste your time!!!

mp3pro encoder

I tried it but crashed must have done something wrong
With Nero at 80 didn't sound terrible.
I was just playing to see if mp3pro has the potential to make it into the mainstream.

I still think the lame at 128k is better than mp3pro at 80.
mp3pro sounds alomst hollow or shallow in the higher pitches--have to change the eqalizer settings to make it sound good.

thank you
xbenchman

First time today played with it and rocks.Encode with lame or fra at 80 regul mp3.Now encode with nero at 80 but to be mp3pro,and listen both on mp3pro compactible player(mymp3pro3.01r is my choice,and dont forger must be mp3pro compactible.Of course in both cases encode same input file:) :cool: ,and youll see the difference:)

mp3pro encoder

Ding and the light goes on.
I was playing the files on a regular mp3 player and not the mp3pro decoder. No wonder sounded shallow. all the data for the mp3pro was not being read just actually an mp3 at 80.
Cdex 140 beta 9 has a player in it. You can import winamp plugins and listen. the trick is mp3pro wants to see winamp. I do not have winamp. Insatalled winamp on other computer but did it to the 100 mb zip drive. So now if I need to use a decoder that wants to see winamp it is there. I think I will retract my last statement and agree that the mp3pro with the proper decoder really does very good. Am going to have to play and see if I can get the encoder extracted from nero and have it as a plugin to cdex. any suggestions of how to do this??

Forget everything and install mymp3pro3.01r

Best editor jubox and player(mp3pro too),check it on steinberg,will post a link if you need

steinberg

Went to their site and found it but no place to download from will have to a search if you do not have the address
Thank you for the enlightening information. nero works but is pain to work with. it is not installed on a hard drive i have it on a floppy to keep the computer hard drive clean.

If you have the link please post i am sure that i am not the only one that would like to have the soft

thank you

take it from cdrsoft,install,download update from steinberg,update to 3.01r,reboot---done.First thing in settings change this;always query cddb---uncheck this:) :cool:

steinberg

Thank you very much..I learn something new everyday from you guys. I appreciate this forum tremendously.
Keep up the good work...good help is normally hard to find
Thanks again