mp3 disc trouble...need help

bessiq

Hi there.

I have a problem regarding making mp3 compilations on CDRs recently. I have burnt many many mp3s to CDR and until now everything was fine. Basically, I burn the compilations using Nero, and I have just tried Burnatonce too, and for some reason some of the mp3s on the discs just won't play. They will show up fine on my computer and even in my mp3 Walkman, but the comp or walkman will just try endlessly to play these certain mp3s and nothing will happen. My computer won't even respond until I eject the disc. Now, these same mp3s play perfectly and without fail from my hard drive. I have tried many times at several speeds with Nero and Burnatonce, and there is always at least one folder of mp3s that will 'hang' when trying to be played.

I do not know what to do at this point, and I don't want to make any more coasters. I also need to reformat my hard drive ASAP, so I really need to resolve this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Have you changed media recently?

Will the problematic files copy back from the CD - if that causes trouble, then the problem is with the reading, not with the MP3.

Do you verify when writing in Nero?

Try scanning with Nero CDSpeed - get the latest version, and use C1 error reporting if your drive supports it ... oh yes, what drive is it?

My gut reaction, either the drive is not good with the media, or the drive (if an older one) is reaching the end of it's useful life.

It's also possible that other software added recently may be interfering, but trouble reading some parts of a CD-R usually indicates a burn of marginal quality.

LTR12101B said:
Will the problematic files copy back from the CD - if that causes trouble, then the problem is with the reading, not with the MP3.
and if the specific files are fine again at HDD, so check if they have a different sample rate, if they were created with a different endoder or in "incompatible" bitrates, than the working files;

Greetings from
Duracell