Motherboards "Elite K7S5A"

Has anyone installed this board recently?

Iam having problems with it! It fires up okay but when I go into the BIOS and change the settings on the first screen (the date and time) there seems to be a bit of gobbledegook on the screen and when I exit and save by pressing F10 it won't reboot I then have to clear the CMOS before it will reboot.

I wonder if there is later version of the BIOS which I could flash, or is it possible that the bios could be corrupted?

Any help would be appreciated

Hey jomotheman,

I got the same board and is working fine and dandy, now what I need to know is wich version board u got? (1.xx or 3.xx) and which date is the bios date?

Because u can update the bios and their latest one is dated 10-29-2002!

So b4 we can go on need those info first.........cuz there's a diff. in the mobo!

I've got one too

I know it's not to good to shout about this mobo but i have one and it is a fine peice of kit.

There are several hacked bios's for this board that allow you to overclock via the bios and it does work......do a search at google for "cheepo man K7s5a" and that should do the trick. Beware flashing the bios could leave you system knackered for good!!!!

flyby2001 out...........

Hey guys thanks for the replys! the versrsion of the mobo is 3.1 and on the bios chip it says 121 and AMIBIOS BV89 and underneath that is say 5998

ok jomotheman,

what u need to do is try to upgrade your bios first, downl. the latest 1 from ECS website here's the link:

h**p://www.ecs.com.tw/

After u do that and still gives u the garbled screen in your bios try to reset once again and go back to the bios, save it, reboot and look again, if still happens then there's only 1 thing will tell you that is your bios is CORRUPTED!

Good luck m8 :)