millenium edit (no veiwer ? )

hi to all !! ive just recently did a total overhaul on my pc from multiple disks and installed all my programs...system is running 100% is that appluase i hear:p thank you one and all..ok lets get real......if anyone is running millenium then maybe you can assist also.i try to open certain hard green files and a window appears and states that there are no veiwers available to read the file. would i like to use another veiwer instead.so i click yes and get the message that there are no veiwers to read this file. ?what veiwer is this system talking about ? got me..i thought it was like open the file with and choose an application that would read the file say like adobe acrobat or aol etc..and nothing seems to open it.just keeps stating that there are no veiwers availabe.....could anyone advise me on this matter i would be greatly indebted to one and all...other then this i have no problems with my system at all everything running 100%.......thanks dax300.you could also email your responses to me at dax300@aol.com and once again thanks to all for the help....

file type

dax300 said:
... i try to open certain hard green files and a window appears and states that there are no veiwers available to read the file. ...
hi dax

if you say us which type of file you will opening, we can say you which program you need to open the file;
i don't understand, what you mean with "certain hard green files"

file type: rigth click at the file, properties, now there is the file ending displayed; this is what we need

Greetings from
Duracell