Messiah for ps2

Yes it does but you need an action replay 2 cartridge to pick other regions - or dvd region x does the same thing.

tobe honest the messiah chip has always been a little poor on the dvd movie side, BUT as pointed out above regionx should handle it ok or you can buy an aditional chip to do the other bits that messiah misses (i'm honestly not too sure about the messiah 2 pro though, i'll find out tomorrow)

Hmmm, I have an action replay cartridge v2 and although it claims to allow me to view any region dvd, if I try I only get as far as selecting the region, press x then shortly after that it just freezes.

try putting the ar in with the tray open then double click the reset button as if you were loading a psx game to put messiah 1 into dvd playback mode.

there is one other question i must ask? please tell me you played a dvd movie on your ps2 BEFORE you installed the messiah chip because on some models of ps2 if no dvd was played before the messiah was installed then the only way is to remove the chip and run one before you reinstall it (although you could force the issue with the dvd drivers disk that come with the sony remote).

older v3 consoles were a bitch for this

No, it does not work.

You need to load the ar2 s/w first then by pressing reset, you are unloading that s/w and starting afresh, so will then only get a message that it is the wrong region.

I have emailed the maker of the cartrifge for an answer, so hopefully they will resond on Monday.