Mandrake 9 - NO Printer NO Scanner and NO INTERNET !!! Help ?

I am currently trying to dual boot with a Linux and XP, and there are always some problems it would seem. Lycoris looks nice, but installing and downloading are a nightmare - you download and a grey box pops up asking you stuff a beginner like me has not a clue about. And once downloaded you cant find the damn things, "find" is baffling, not as straight forward as Windows. Lindows does well, but has no back up forums worth a light, and Mandrake - I cant get the net going, or the printer, or the scanner.Tried their "drake" config program, but I just go round and round in circles and end up in the same place. Can anyone help, please ?

You should be able to configure all thru the control centre.
If ,as pokopiko,is asking some usb stuff is buggy in man 9.
The internet is quite easy to do,I'm new to this but managed to get the net up,the rest you need to play with.

Xandros,which I'm using now,although a final beta release (got hold of this by chance) is even easier to configure.
If you can find this "out there" suggest you get it and try it!

2 out of three, corrct. I got the internet going (at last) via the control centre,I had been trying to connect via LAN as my comp does NOT have the cable modem. I tried a straight connection and shazam ! Connected. Shouldn't have but did.
The other two still no further forward.

Thanks Poko. There was a fix that one bloke on a forum offered me but looking at it was enough to send me squealing like a girl and hiding behind the settee !!! :D