Making new pc

Nizmo

Hey my sister wants a new computer. She wants to pay around $700 all up in Aus money. Monitor doesnt really matter any will do. Would any of you be able to name the best parts you can think of that will end up around $700 including everything that will be needed inside.

It first depends on what shes going to be doing with it and if your willing to be her lifetime tech support,lol. I build computers on the side for people and what I find the most, is that they want the fastest computer in the world, to check their email,lol. If you really want to build her a computer I've found that http://www.pricewatch.com/ has the best prices on parts. But, if you don't want her to wake you at 3 in the morning because she wants to surf the net and the computer won't boot, $700 can buy a good computer at Dell with 24/7 tech support.

Nizmo

Ill be buying parts from a swapmeet. I have made a couple comptuers but its been a while now and i dont really know anything about the new 64 bit cpus or anything. Should i make my sisters comptuer 64 bit or just sorta like the one i have now?

The question still stands, what is she going to be using it for. You can future proof it by going with a 64 bit chip but, your going to spend some money for that and it seems like your trying to go the frugal route. If shes using your box already then just keep it simple and make it like yours.