Making an MP3 cd with Nero or CDMate

Phil K said:
Can it be done and how ? Are there tutorials how anywhere ? TA - Phil
To burn MP3 as DATA just burn them as DATA

To burn MP3 -> Audio CD then select "Audio" then Drag & Drop MP3 files from Right_Window to Left_Window then "Write" to burn.

I haven't tried any other CDR program but I bet they all work the same way.

If you want to play them on your hifi as normal cd’s try this and not an mp3 player.

I posted these a while ago, I would have posted the links but it just keeps asking me to log in, so here they are.

Use the Wizzard to get started.
This will guide you through what you need to do.

Choose (Compile a new Cd) Click next and then choose audio CD, Click Finish.

The box on the left audio 1 will be where you (Drag and Drop) your MP3's in to, you can move them up and down the list by
(Dragging and Dropping Them) When you have them in the order that you like, go to the 8th icon on the top line that says
(opens the write-cd dialog)
click here and then choose burn, that is it….

Or

If you want to RIP songs from your normal CD’s and save them on the hard drive as mp3s using nero, this is what I do. (I did download the mp3 pro encoder)
Open nero and put in the CD
1. Click recorder, 4th along at the top.
From the dropdown list click (Save Track) click the drive that has your CD in, click Ok.
There will be a box with neros title and CD data base on it, (Click cancel)
2. All the songs on the CD will be highlighted in blue, go to the one that you want to convert and highlight that one.
If you want to convert more than one of the tracks from the CD to mp3 format!
(Hold down Ctrl and click the tracks that you want) they will be highlighted.
3. “Now” Click settings, “Uncheck Enable mp3 pro” (It is crap) look right and choose at least 128 kbit then click Ok
On the next page click “Go” that is it.
This is the very basic way to do it, play around with it to do the other stuff, once you feel more confident.
If you want to make a CD up with the tracks later, just drag and drop them in to be burnt.

To locate where they have gone to, go to C: program files open the ahead folder and right click the My Music folder and send a shortcut to the desk top.
Good Luck

Blakie
It seems to take ages the first time but once you have done it a few times it is easy

Thanks chaps. Its as a cd full of MP3's to play on my pc. Not as a run of the mill cd player. I'd need to be dafter than i already am not to know how to do that. So do it as data you reckon ? Hmm. Never thought of that. Worth a try.