m3u files

Scooterpig

Whilst I've never heard of these files myself a quick read shows that usually an M3U file is a playlist as such and not a single song. If that is the case then just change the file association to MP3.

If not then this is available to convert it for you - http://www.mp3-wav-converters.com/

ass per scooterpigs reply janie thats the play list that can be imported into may programs its just really like a track listing that you make to make it easier to load in your tracks in the order you exported them to the list :)

Explain a little better....I downloaded the songs that my friend did from a web-site that has them on it. I can play them on my computer, but won't be able to ever burn them to cd so I can hear them in the car?

Janie, a m3u file is just a playlist file that tells Ur player what order to play the tracks in, did U download some mp3's that came with a m3u file?, if so then U can burn the mp3's to cd so U can hear em in Ur car, winamp can use either m3u or pls for its playlists while WMP calls them wpl :)

BaNzI :D

m3u is just a playlist..You can use a burrrn or foobar and drop a playlist-m3u so he will actually play the playlist..
But to avoid confusion couse you probably dont use a playlist...just delete that and listen those mp3 files,its a simplest thing.. :)
But to listen them in car???Check on your car stereo..in a manual or its written on front panel if its support mp3??if it does...youre in luck..just burn a regular data disk with every software you like..If it doesent support mp3??just burn those mp3 like audio cd with every(almost every)software..
Example eac,feurio,nero,bao,foobar..whatever software you use..
For audio aplications i really recomend eac.feurio,burrn and allmighty foobar of course :)

Last edited:
note also the m3u will be about 1k in size and if you right click and choose open with notepad then you will see a listing of all the tracks to be played and in what order :)

just dont check the box (always use the selected program) in the open with selection box other wise it will be assocated with notepad all the time instead of whatever your mp3 player is :)